• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally restoring the M37

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I was going to sandblast the bottom of the Norton tank and side covers, it just kept clogging. Guess putting the sandblaster next to the dog food isn't a good idea. It took me 2 hours to get this out. The concave top really catches any dropped food.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Painted more parts today, will finish them tonight at school. Possible big rare part acquisition next weekend.:naner:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can we chat a bit about the 'general' process the M37 would go through before it got to it's first base, station, port...it's first home.

Looking at the pictures, it reminds me of the older boy's stories who were around when the Early Deuces were factory fresh and the excitement they had when driving a new truck.

I can only imagine a young driver, just out class, being told to grab the M37 out of the compound.......and walking up to a truck that looked like yours. I'm sure they don't all look like that for long so while I've been sitting in the snow for too long, I began to wonder:

Were the trucks ordered with decals on them from the factory.....or did the various motor-pools apply the required decals?

I've heard about a manufacturers Pre-Delivery Inspection......Did the military, ....Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines .....do some sort of Post DI when they received them?

Would a Navy truck like this one remain in the same color if it never left the U.S.?

Were there any M37 trucks that were maintained to this level for...i don't know....parades, command changes, VIP tours?

Has anyone had the experience, while in the service, of taking a brand new, shiny M37...or other MV.... like this one and hand splashing a camo job on it?

........I know they are general questions, don't expect hard answers, just thinking of the first soldier, sailor, airman that walked up to a truck as nice as this one and was ordered to drive it. I can only guess that for some, it was just transportation.....but for others.... a new set of wheels they'd never forget.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks