• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally restoring the M37

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here were my samples:

Left: High Heat Aluminum-Silver (engine/trans/transfer
Middle: Strata Blue (not going to happen)
Right: Gloss Navy Grey

All these were spray cans

Attachments

Bill W

I just used plain old Gilliespie paint on my block and the only part of it that got any type of heat fade was the stat housing, I know your not using Gilliespie but my point is you really don't need to use high heat paint on the block and running gear..just saying to save you some extra $ and work.

Last edited:

GUNNY 155

Interesting that your USAF cab and fenders were rust free. I also used a USAF cab tub on my restoration which was rock solid and rust free. My fenders came from a USMC truck and were also solid and did not have the usual rust out around the head light mounts because the Marines undercoated their vehicles or at least some of them.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got the mail, received gaskets and seals for the transfer, transmission, PTO, and winch for $110 shipped off ebay!

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Due to get snow tomorrow night so I loaded the chassis and dropped it off at the blaster. Should be in paint mid-week. Drained fluids and going to steam clean transmission-T/C next week. Working on disassembling and cleaning small parts.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back from acquiring parts from South Dakota. Had to cut some bed parts out and needed some frame brackets. Got some parts ready for paint. Pickup chassis tomorrow.

Attachments

zout

Wow it's coming together nicely Jim. You will be one happy camper when it's completed.
Keep the pics Rollin in as I have been subscribed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks