• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally restoring the M37

GUNNY 155

Not sure if you are planning on rebuilding your engine but if you do I would spend some money on getting everything balanced at the local speed / machine shop. Factory balancing on the crankshaft and flywheel is notoriously terrible as in not even close. Makes a big difference in longevity and well as how well it runs. Just a thought from a guy with a lot of engine building time on the books.

Bill W

Not sure if you are planning on rebuilding your engine but if you do I would spend some money on getting everything balanced at the local speed / machine shop. Factory balancing on the crankshaft and flywheel is notoriously terrible as in not even close. Makes a big difference in longevity and well as how well it runs. Just a thought from a guy with a lot of engine building time on the books.

I guess I was lucky, when I had my 230 balanced the guy at the performance shop could not believe how well balanced the crank was, he said it was so close to perfect that he did not even bother with it and this was a guy who insisted that I go home and bring back my new hypro pistons so he could check them also.

Hndrsonj, your truck is turning into rolling art [thumbzup]

Last edited:

zout

Some day I am going to grow up and make something as awesome as that Jim. MACCUS works out great as a helper as well. Toss him a bone every day and he comes through.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks