• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bow hunters with military vehicles, wanting to hunt in Ky.

Are you a Deer Hunter and ...select last best answer.

• Would drive MV to south central ky

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackbear

This is a progressive poll, I'm considering a hunting project this is a first step.
please select the last best answer

How many deer hunters out there's?
How many are bow hunters?
How many could drive MV to South Central Ky.
Would you consider an annual hunt trip?

Thank you for the feedback.

Blackbear

Bow hunters with MV's will Travel?

I am a avide hunter. Squirrels, rabbit, deer, doves, the odd turkey, and lots of Fishing.

Are you giving away a hunting trip or what's the plan??
Thank

To put it out there I'm considering starting an outfitter company for hunters in south central Ky My ranch backs up to the National forest.
I'm starting here in this site, with bow hunters, maybe open it up for rifle. Right now just seeing where the interest is and possibly kicking it off. A few free hunts is certainly not out of the question. MV owner is a plus!
Hope no one is afraid of bear!

MtnSnow

Blackbear,

My family does Outfitting for the big game (Mule Deer & Elk with the occasional Bear & Cat hunt) here in Utah on our privately owned mountain property. Couple of things I would highly suggest. Get a great lawyer on retainer. Get a huge liability insurance policy that specifically covers the type of business you are going to run and set your business up as at least an LLC

Best of luck to you! Ohh to help answer one of your questions... we have a group of hunters that have hunted our property every year for the past 12 years and a group prior to that who had been with us for over 17 years so if you run a successful business they will keep coming.. We are currently booked out 3 years in advance.

Blackbear

I appreciate the advice, it may become the "Duece" ranch, backs up to 19000 acres, limited access, I would promote white tails,turkey,bobcat, some bear on special tags. Not sure if I made a mistake making the results public with the pole,
but I would of thought there would be more hunters out there, it's still early though.

MtnSnow

I would love our property to back onto a national forest but at least our property is surrounded by other private cattle ranches like how our property is used in the summer & fall months so we don't get a lot of hunting pressure and we work closely with the state DWR (Division of Wildlife Resources) to effectively manage the herds so our cattle and the Deer & Elk all have great outcomes.

Blackbear

I would love our property to back onto a national forest but at least our property is surrounded by other private cattle ranches like how our property is used in the summer & fall months so we don't get a lot of hunting pressure and we work closely with the state DWR (Division of Wildlife Resources) to effectively manage the herds so our cattle and the Deer & Elk all have great outcomes.

Absolutley, you would be surprised not too many hunters during rifle season so really not too much hunting pressure, most stay within 100 yards of the road, I call them "Curb Feelers", I've set up some nice protein feeders and corn slingers to help draw them in, plenty of streams, cliffs, hollers with old stone chimneys, caves etc.

Attachments

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey Blackbear, hope your outfitting business is a great success. I would have checked all 4 boxes if I could. Love deer hunting with my bow. Hope your season is going better than mine:roll::roll:

Blackbear

Thanks so much for the reply, I probably should have done a better job with the choices, the idea was to pick further down the list as more apply if that makes sense. I'm going to post some pictures for everybody shortly but I wanted to give this a few days, hey it provides a destination for MV vehicle road trips. Glad to has an east coaster on the list! More to come.

Attachments

Last edited:

Blackbear

Hey thanks, yeah I was polling to see if there were MV owners that were bow hunters, near Somerset and Londen Ky to see if we could organize some kind of 3day hunt rally, etc will certainly keep names of those who responded and add a follow-up post near Summer's end.

bobdole4me

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a fantastic idea! I've been looking for an excuse for a hunting trip.
This is a progressive poll, I'm considering a hunting project this is a first step.
please select the last best answer

How many deer hunters out there's?
How many are bow hunters?
How many could drive MV to South Central Ky.
Would you consider an annual hunt trip?

Thank you for the feedback.
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks