• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uploading pics problem

Jeepsinker

The one that won't upload is the smallest of all of them. Must be an issue with how my phone saved it or something, because I can't do anything with that particular pic. I can't even txt or email it.

NovacaineFix

Tried again, even restarted my computer just to clear up anything, was only able to upload 1 photo at a time. Even when uploading that 1 photo, it would sometimes fail. Uploading more than 1, always fails.
The below photo took 3 tries before registering onto the site. The other photo that is attached, never registered that it fully uploaded, not sure why.

I am using an iMac OsX Yosemite Google Chrome browser

20151018_171341.jpg

Attachments

NovacaineFix

Just tried again but with a different browser, using Safari and had no problems.
Well only 1 minor issue, there is no count up for uploading photos, so you have no progress indicator when and if it is uploading, but this could be just the way Safari handles javascript and not with the site itself.

20151017_173755.jpg20151017_173900 copy.jpg20151017_231815.jpg

gottaluvit

I can never view pics that say "images at tapatalk" on my phone. I use the full site view on my Android phone. Images that I can see, open up to a larger image, including images I have uploaded. My phone says it downloaded the tapatalk images but then says "cannot open file".

dmetalmiki

Have (you all) tried using a desk top or lap top with a search engine like firefox for example?
Single loading occurs when the browser (or operating system) is out of date.
Multiple loading should work OK using an up to date operating system and browser. my 1/2 penne'th. I had all the problems listed, and now use firefox to sign in to Steel soldiers site. Loading S.S. from I.E.8. gives the probem (as does windows xp).

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Have (you all) tried using a desk top or lap top with a search engine like firefox for example?
Single loading occurs when the browser (or operating system) is out of date.
Multiple loading should work OK using an up to date operating system and browser. my 1/2 penne'th. I had all the problems listed, and now use firefox to sign in to Steel soldiers site. Loading S.S. from I.E.8. gives the probem (as does windows xp).
Firefox is a browser, not a search engine. Couple of posts up you'll see my uploads from FF. IE 8 and XP is well out of date on support.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For those having issues, please answer the following:

1. Are you using manage attachments or using the quick reply and adding pics?
2. How many pics are you trying to upload at a time?
3. What size are the pics?
4. What browser/OS are you using?
5. What is your internet connection and speed?
6. What are you seeing when you try?

Jeepsinker

Yes, manage attachments.
Generally around 130 kb... I think..
Google Chrome from my Android phone
Wireless connection, no idea on speed
The pics were loading and loading, then nothing showed up and the loading indicator disappeared

No problems now, I loaded it with another pic, deselected the other pic, and then posted it. No problems since. It was just that one pic that gave me problems.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
tried to add pics to my album and error out. pin wheel turning then stopped.

Manage attatchments
7 pics
2mb each
Firefox 43.0.4 also same problem chrome
47.0.2526.111 m

Windows 10
cox cable
29ms ping, 95.22 mbps down / 11.97 up

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
tried to add pics to my album and error out. pin wheel turning then stopped.

Manage attatchments
7 pics
2mb each
Firefox 43.0.4 also same problem chrome
47.0.2526.111 m

Windows 10
cox cable
29ms ping, 95.22 mbps down / 11.97 up
Mind trying to upload a single large pic at a time? And report how long it takes? You've got plenty of upload speed.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
upload would only work one at a time. Tried 2 and 3 and error out same as before. Interesting thing that one of the 7 pics would not upload what so ever individually. Tried several times. Upload one at a time was fast.

I have uploaded up to 10 at a time before effortlessly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks