• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kublos Surplus

JeepMan

Someone says that Kublos Surplus in upstate Pa. has trucks for sale but they're site comes up dead here on the net. Anyone know the number or where they're site is?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kublo's Surplus, Brackney Pa. 570-663-2805
The website has been down for a while now.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I see him on eBay reasonably often.

badgeboy16

Ken is a great guy to do business with. I got an M35 cargo bed from him last year - great price! I haven't been there in a while, but he had a dozen or so M35's, 3 M332's and a bunch of parts trucks. He also deals in some odds n' ends of stuff, tires, etc.

red devils dude

here jeep man taken from a .mil-veh.org post
To get there from the North:

InterState 81- coming south from Binghamton, NY - get off at KIRKWOOD
EXIT (last exit in NY).

Then cross over to NY 7 (south) which shortly becomes PA 29. Continue
south for 5 miles and make a RIGHT at Lawsville Center (up hill) toward
Laurel Lake. If you see a boat dealer with many boats on either side of
Route 29, you have gone 1.5 miles too far!

As you climb the long hill, you will not go as far as Laurel Lake since
the first lake is the one you want. TUCKER's General Store is up about 6
miles from Route 29. At the store, cross the lake and go 3/4 mile to
KUBLOS.

supermechanic

I got my transfer case from Kublo's, great people to deal with.
Don't use mapquest or any other search engine to find Brackney, Pa.
They will send you through all kinds of back roads to get you there.
The above posted directions will get you there just fine.
When I told Mrs Kublo of the time I had getting to their shop, she told me I should have called, and she would have met me at the Route 81 exit.
Can't get much better service than that.

clutchdump

What kind of prices is he shooting for on a deuce? I've seen their website and youtube videos... Pretty impressive, good to know that they are good people as well... I was just talking to the wifey about doing a roadtrip up there in a couple weeks or so, I just wanna know what to expect... Price wise, couldn't get an e-mail back from them...

UpstateNYer

What kind of prices is he shooting for on a deuce? I've seen their website and youtube videos... Pretty impressive, good to know that they are good people as well... I was just talking to the wifey about doing a roadtrip up there in a couple weeks or so, I just wanna know what to expect... Price wise, couldn't get an e-mail back from them...
Below is what I posted in the other thread, but the best bet is to call and talk to Ken Jr. 570-663-2805. He has lots of nice stuff, and is great guy to deal with.

"Hardtop w/o winch w/heat, is around $4000-4500 last I knew (6 months ago). Drop side, Air assist will add a bit more per option. The one thing about buying from Kenny is he will completely go through the truck before it leaves and he will stand behind it if you have a problem. "

Akicita

Ken Jr's wife had a baby a few months ago, and he probably spends more time at the house now and less time at the shop. I send him an e-mail every once in a while and usually find a reply in my mailbox the next day, except for when he is travelling and buying more trucks and parts somewhere.
His prices were much lower than the prices I saw on the website of Eastern in Philadelphia which is not far from I live now. I would not hesitate to go back to him and buy parts, or tires, of whatever I need at that time.

mikey

I was just starting a new thread about Ken when I saw this one, so I'll bump it.

I just dropped my two deuces off with Ken yesterday for storage until the snow clears on my lot in NE PA. I also bought a soft top from him for my topless deuce. I think anyone shopping for deuce parts, or deuces, should consider Ken when they price parts out.

Ken has, what appeared to be, about 100 vehicles for sale on his lot. deuces, 5 tons, dumpers, m109's and possibly more that i didnt see. He has a warehouse of about 4k sq ft with surpluss uniforms, parts, gear and a lot of interesting stuff... he showed me a few shelf units dedicated to a2 parts.. brake cylinder kits, filters, ip's alternators and more... he said he has everything...

Ken Jr also has a big rig with a landoll (or a trailor similar to a landoll) and he makes a lot of trips to mechanicsburg to bring back two trucks at a time... im sure he can help people in PA/NY with moving mv's as well...

it was a pleasure meeting and doing business with ken sr and his wife... i didnt get to meet ken jr... id highly recommend kublo's surpluss to anyone in the area or even beyond...

paulfarber

Just got a NEW volt meter from KUBLO'S DELIVERED for less than every other place is asking for the meter alone BEFORE shipping.

His web site is sparse, so e-mail is probably best.

x-ray

I stopped at Kublo's on the way back from recovering my second deuce from Ft Indiantown Gap PA.

We picked up tires for incredibly cheap and filled the back of the truck up.

Ken was great - he checked out my truck completely over and gave me some unbeatable prices.

It was "fun" driving through those Pennsylvania foothills in a deuce (I was going very slow up hill on some of those winding roads).

He has quite an assortment of nice clean trucks up there. If you go there - consider picking up spare tires - hard to beat his prices and while you got a deuce - shipping tires/parts won't be any cheaper than bringing them home yourself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks