• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well my $400 M35 turns out not to be such.....

BassnTruck

I had to go back today to see if it still had the factory bumper on it to try to get a local member to flat tow it to its new home. Being more informed now then I was then I looked at the data plate. It was very faded and dirty. Turns out it is not a M35 at all. Plate says it is a 6x6 Dump M342A2. Now the bad news is that it has some semi style alum bumper and no eyelets for a towbar. So I still need to find a trailer I guess.

The motor is blown in it and he has robbed a few parts off of it. But I will get around to restoring it someday.

The story the old man gave me is this was used for the airforce and this bed was made special to haul some sort of missle. Some here said this may not be true. But at this point it may be true.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
An air shift.........and a hole for the multi mushroom.........

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It ain't that bad. Pull the bumper off and use axle clamps. You got a heater control under the dash to the left. If the heater is gone I'll buy it. It should be interesting to see how it works once you get it home and dig in!

BassnTruck

This thing has so many knobs and buttons I have no idea what they are. Most of the others on here do not have near as many. And only a few are labled. I am still a total n00b to these. I will have to see if anyone local has any of those clamps.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's probably an M342A2 as it has the outboard air tanks on the left. It kills me to see what folks do to such a cool deuce. You get it, we can help.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck, M342A2 is better than M35, looks like the dump is still on the truck, just a different bed. Looked like a hinge under the bed in one pic.

BassnTruck

The dump is still there. Said it works fine. Like I said he said the bed is orignal. It is OD. I will have to get all the number off of it and see if they decode anything special about it like he told me.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bed is not original. It may still have the OE dump frame and everything but I assure you, the bed is not. I'd buy that is a second either way.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Battery box and air cleaner are in the bed, looks like it might be converted to 12VDC by the looks of the op gauge.

kcimb

That is a GOOD deal, regardless of condition. You can make it better. Tear down, park in shed, rebuild over winter.

KANSAS! I never even checked your location. Not too far from TX...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't notice that. I was gonna say Memphis, but that's wrong. Looks good though. Might stop from having wet shoes when it rains :D

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like a fun project. Somebody went crazy with the label maker. Was it really necessary to label MPH and RPM. If a drive doesn't know what a speedo looks like they should go back to driver's ed. Hopefully you'll be able to find a deuce dump bed for it. A sandblaster and some NDT's would help too. Good luck!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know where a dump bed is. Its on a slant nose deuce, and I don't know that its for sale, but I can ask. It is not in good condition, but its correct(I think).

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow that is a good way to spend $400.00 like Kenny said I would have bought it too for that price. Look for Multifuel engines on GL or see if someone here has one but sounds like a lot of fun work to do.

Bill W

That highbeam indicator looks like it can light up the whole cab LOL
You can't beat $400 for a (rolling) deuce

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks