• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear goat covers

combat32

Not sure about any covers that would cross over, I am thinkin about it myself.

I have a source local to me, she has made some canvas for members in my club for different vehicles, but I will need to get dimensions from an original cover.

m38inmaine

The cover is roughly 8x9, one end is marked "front", I can't really tell the difference between ends. The center section is square/rectangle but the ends have a unique shape with lots of turn fastener grommets for the end curtains. The end curtains are the same so I am not sure why the "front" marking on the cover. My vinyl cover is quite stiff and has two large tears running between the bows from snow load damage. I managed to tape the rips and install it and it appears to have shrunk about 2" on the sides. I think it would make a good sample for a reproduction.

RICKSHAWSAUTO

if you are realy interested . in the rear cargo covers , if might be a good idea to get ahold of the manufacture and
place individual orders as they will only make the with an order of 10 , crd sales polney@crdaniels.com / pam olney
1 410 461-2100 ext 316 thaks rick

wsucougarx

Contacted Pam. I inquired about material and turn around time.
"The minimum order quantity is 10 and the turn around time is about 8 weeks. We would use the green 60" wide cloth, coated nylon per MIL-PRF-2069F, Type F, Class 2. She is going to send me a pic tomorrow of the color. I'll post more when I get it.

wsucougarx

Anyone know what mil-prf-2069f is? Is the duck canvas type stuff or the modernized rubberized stuff? I guess I can wait for the pic tomorrow. She's offered a sample of the material that they'll make it out of. Again, will advise when I get it.

wsucougarx

Heard back from Pam today. Apparently they don't have the "correct" fabric in stock to make them to MIL SPEC. She states she has alternatives but there is a slight difference in the shade of green. She said the color codes they do have are federal standard colors 24087 and 34094 http://www.federalstandardcolor.com/ and CG483
As mentioned previously, they need a minimum of 10 covers at $405.69 each. She is sending me material samples so I will post the samples.

combat32

I'm interested still, just out of town on vacation for a few days, sorry I didn't reply earlier. Tryin to live off the grid for couple days.

m38inmaine

At $400 I'm not interested. I have a cover that I can use as a sample to have one made, that's the route I'm going.

wsucougarx

Looks like we won't be able to make the 10 cover minimum. I too am thinking about making my own as well. I've got pics and NOS end curtains en route. I've got a brand new tent piece in the back of one of my trailers for material. When are you planning on making your cover made? Maybe we could join you;-).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

m38inmaine

I need to secure the material first. There is a State Prison near by and they do this sort of work, I am going to take mine there and see if they can do it for me. No time frame as of yet.

wsucougarx

Well, looks this "order" is dead. Only two interested guys want covers. Definitely wouldn't meet the minimum order. I told Pam not to send the samples. I'm going to find the grommets and sew my own cover together.

Another Ahab

Well, looks this "order" is dead. Only two interested guys want covers. Definitely wouldn't meet the minimum order. I told Pam not to send the samples. I'm going to find the grommets and sew my own cover together.
Hey, that's too bad. Nothing much ever seems to be as easy as you want it to be, but you all sure did try. :beer:

Steel tubing, according to my caliper 3/32 wall thickness, 1 1/16 outside diameter. As per your drawing there are no mounting tabs, the last 24" or so of the tubing is flattened out to fit in the carrier slots. I can trace one out and send you the tracing if you like.
Perchance do you still have this drawing, would like to fab some up as well.

Spock

conny

Seems no one really tried with the exception of the guy trying to have them made in bulk. The problem with any hobby is people can't agree on anything and most are cheap. Figure this, buy your own material, buy the see through plastic, get all the dimension or a cover to use as a pattern, drive to some place to have the work done and hopefully, in the end, it fits correctly. Any mistake and you most likely eat the cost. I'll pay the $4-$5 hundred to have someone make them to fit. Any problems, the manufacturer absorbs the costs. Also, a manufacturer will keep the pattern on file so additional covers can be made at any moment.

Jericho

Sorry fellas. I’ve been under the weather and out of the loop, I definitely would have ordered one in the interim. I hang a heavy OD tarp on the bows and it fits fine. I do have new front and rear curtains. But I haven’t ever installed them . I think I paid 90$ for the tarp , it’s GI quality and well made. Has been on about eight years. Going to replace it this year and still make a gen set cover from the remains , would like to find a NOS for parades but !

Jericho

On a lighter note. I retire in 10 weeks. Any one have a source and P.N. For no’s type material. I have an industrial sewing machine ect Had planned to do seat cushion covers out of OD green heavy duty material. Have 100 yards on hand. With a sample ,top is easy. Maybe I have found my keep busy and make some hobby cash job. Lol it’s about an eight hour job start too finish per rear top My daughter and grand children tell me I will have less time AFTER retirement

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks