• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Underbody Protection Kit

Hi Dr Zoldberg, Could you share some details for that piece of 3/16 steel channel you had to add for the front protection? Running into the same issue with my 91 m998. Was hoping you could provide the dimensions of the channel. Thanks,
I have not been active on the forum, but if you still need dimensions, let me know and I will measure it tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NormB

Is there a rubber or something that goes between the fuel tank and shield?
I bought the tank and transfer case protectors and used the rubber insulators for the fuel tank anyway, placing them between the plate and tank. Plate rattles against front and back a bit; I used some scrap from floor padding with 3M weatherstrip adhesive to attach. YMMV.

Glad I saw this, as I had no instructions and didn't know where the TC plate went, now I know.

NB

sermis

I have the installation instruction for the Underbody Protection Kit scanned to a PDF file. Not sure how to post it someone can help.

NormB

I have the installation instruction for the Underbody Protection Kit scanned to a PDF file. Not sure how to post it someone can help.
Pretty sure you just upload it as an image file (little picture frame above when you reply).

You will be held in the highest esteem if you do.

There outta be a site somewhere you can find/download instructions like those.

Thanks in advance.

Norm

ryanruck

I recently picked up an underbody protection kit from a buddy of mine who has a couple but it didn't have the installation instructions so I checked online and found this thread but, couldn't find them anywhere. I messaged sermis a couple days ago about the PDF he said he had but haven't heard back and it looks like it's been a bit since he's been online here.

So my buddy made me a copy of the instructions he had in his kit and I went ahead and scanned them up.

Enjoy!

View attachment HMMWV_Underbody_Protection_Kit_Installation_Instructions.pdf

Last edited:

NormB

I recently picked up an underbody protection kit from a buddy of mine who has a couple but it didn't have the installation instructions so I checked online and found this thread but, couldn't find them anywhere. I messaged sermis a couple days ago about the PDF he said he had but haven't heard back and it looks like it's been a bit since he's been online here.
So my buddy made me a copy of the instructions he had in his kit and I went ahead and scanned them up.
Enjoy!

View attachment 699694
D'oh! Got my hopes up. Clicked link and got

Message: Invalid Attachment specified. The Attachment may have been deleted for various reasons. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

ryanruck

D'oh! Got my hopes up. Clicked link and got

Message: Invalid Attachment specified. The Attachment may have been deleted for various reasons. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
That's strange... I click on it and it prompts me to download the PDF! :shrugs:

Maybe someone on staff can check the message? I did have trouble uploading it and had to upload it to another site then use the URL link in the uploader to upload it.

Norm, PM me your email address and I'll email it to you. It's about 9MB.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It worked for me.

Norm, I will email it to you.

Awesome and appreciate the posting.

I picked up just the front part off ebay from saturn cheap I think $55 and it fits the front winch cradle perfectly and the holes are there. Bummed out to see I need to drill the holes in the front cross member and it looks like a biitzch for clearance. This project went way down on list....

Last edited:

ryanruck

It worked for me.

Norm, I will email it to you.

Awesome and appreciate the posting.

I picked up just the front part off ebay from saturn cheap I think $40 and it fits the front winch cradle perfectly and the holes are there. Bummed out to see I need to drill the holes in the front cross member and it looks like a biitzch for clearance. This project went way down on list....
Yeah I tinkered with it a little more last night and got the thumbnail to show up after re-uploading it again. It does seem to be working now. Not sure what the issue was.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A question for those that have installed the intermediate cage is how easy is it to change the oil filter? Can you reach though the hole(s) to do the oil change or do you unbolt and remove it for service? How easy is to unbolt and drop?

Just trying to decide if I want to go this route?

ryanruck

Steel. I thought they were over 200 # crates.
They are:
20170906201005-e282302e-me.jpg

That's with the crate though so I'd say the kit itself is probably in the neighborhood of 170 total.

The fuel tank and transfer case plates are fairly thin for what they're supposed to be. Personally I think they could have made them both more substantial but, it's better than nothing.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be the weight of all the components. 3 cages, 2 big brackets, 3 plates, and hardware . Not as much as I would have thought. Front cage I would have guessed around 30lbs.

94M998A1

I just bought the 3 cages used, is there supposed to be mounting brackets for them or do I just drill and mount to cross bars under the hmmwv directly?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks