• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hammer

Ihave a 19 95 M1083.IAM having problems with ALTERNATOR ON THE 3116 CAT

The alternator repair shop says that there is nothing wrong with the alternator.on the bench the green light alternates right to left correctly. But when I install the alternator there is no lights working on the alternator.

Question # 2 Were can i local a wiring diagram for a M1083

THANKS I DO NOT KNOW WERE TO LOOK

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Not sure if you meant to put your whole address for location(I sure wouldn't), but just the zipcode is more than enough.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to help with a schematic. Welcome to the site!

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Chances are the regulator sense wires are bad. I don't know how a hammer is involved in this though. And if you hit the alternator with a hammer the only thing it will do is make your pocket lighter they are expensive. You can verify the regulator connections by running the truck and measuring the voltage at the alternator outputs then at the regulator contacts. The voltages should be similar when running. One is 12 and the other 24. The easiest way to fix this issue would be to run fused wires from the cab power panel to the regulator. One for 12 and one for 24 volt. Unfortunately there are no complete wiring diagrams that I know of. You can also run the fused wires from the polarity protector under the spare tire from the truck side of the wiring connections on it to the alternator. This is a common issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks