• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 a1 armored crew cab

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found mine at a lumber company in Ohio believe it or not. Seems one if the suppliers went bankrupt and their items were auctioned off. I bought one way heated windshields for HUMVEEs. You just have to mount in the HUMVEE frame after you make it into a prow shape since it is too wide for the 939 cabs. If you are modifying the cab this is just one more thing in a long list of to do's :). I also purchased door glass on GL. Every now and then it shows up. Who needs expensive side windows anyway when you can just slide a piece of steel back when you need ventilation or pick up a burger at McDonalds:D. Don't forget front, side, and rear cameras. You will find an abundance of bank teller glass on eBay. You can also find many suppliers that will sell to the public. I had a glass business and there are many vendors that sell this to the public especially in Florida as hurricane glazing and security glass for businesses. We used to install it on the first floor in vacation homes to prevent break ins. Cost is very relevant to threat so level 3 glazing is not nearly as expensive as level 7 or 8. Every now and then you can find a demo piece of > level 3 for sale. Keep your glass protected with a very good laminate to prevent sun damage to it.
These guys sell all types of glazing. tssbulletproof.com

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WEll, I lost an hour yesterday looking at those L-ATV videos on youtube... Man, doing the Baja 1000 in one must have been interesting!

ROCKWELL-C60

Mounted relocation battery box today. I only acquired the box so I had to extend all the original brackets. I also moved air tanks forward so I could make room for mrap self healing fuel tanks. 20160116_164808.jpg

oldironfred

Rockwell,

There's a car show on cable/satellite called " FULL CUSTOM GARAGE " A hot rod builder named Ian Rousell has a custom shop in CA. A recent episode called TEN TON TRUCK shows him taking a M923 HETT tractor with the winches and 5th wheel already removed. The owner wants to make it a crew cab and mount a M109 shop van body to it for a portable hunting lodge. The project turns out really well. You may or may not know about the show but I thought I'd mention it just in case it could be of help to you. Looking good so far! Fred in Maine

my blood flows OD

That video makes me think maybe I should armor my floor.
Blast protection on the undercarage is usually achieved with a V- hull
design. Just like most good ballistic concepts, it's all about the angle of deflection.
No way to really make any great angular design changes to a 5 ton. Or could you???🤔
but man do u love the way they look with the small armored windows.

JohnnyBM931A2

Blast protection on the undercarage is usually achieved with a V- hull
design. Just like most good ballistic concepts, it's all about the angle of deflection.
No way to really make any great angular design changes to a 5 ton. Or could you???樂
but man do u love the way they look with the small armored windows.
I just went out (in the -2 degree weather.. lol) and took a look at my tractor. A V-shaped lower hull going from the base of the cab sides to the center of the truck is certainly possible, though it would take quite a bit of work. And you could only protect the back 2/3 of the cab, because of the way the fenders are set up. The air tanks on the passenger side would need to be moved.. In the very least the top one for sure. Plus the "V" would have to go down low enough to allow for proper driveshaft movement up and down. That might reduce your ground clearance to some degree.

ROCKWELL-C60

Got the floor in today not armoured steel but 10 ga and 2x3 angle iron. 20160117_145525.jpg20160117_145419.jpg I also started mounting mrap self healing fuel tanks. There a tight fit but some mods to strap mounts they fit good,about as big as you can go.20160117_185901.jpg20160117_185845.jpg20160117_185819.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks