• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 a1 armored crew cab

tim292stro

Self healing tank!!! That's awesome. How does it work?...
Coating that reacts when exposed to petroleum by expanding. You spray the outside (where petroleum isn't supposed to be) - when someone shoots the tank, the bullet spreads the coating which them collapses back into a smaller hole then the fuel leaks onto the reactive surface inside the hole and expands, plugging the leak.

This company up in Oregon does self-sealing and self extinguishing tanks for the military.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDXVkJrxX3U

JohnnyBM931A2

Coating that reacts when exposed to petroleum by expanding. You spray the outside (where petroleum isn't supposed to be) - when someone shoots the tank, the bullet spreads the coating which them collapses back into a smaller hole then the fuel leaks onto the reactive surface inside the hole and expands, plugging the leak.

This company up in Oregon does self-sealing and self extinguishing tanks for the military.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDXVkJrxX3U
Now that's just awesome :)

ROCKWELL-C60

Ok, so to make tanks fit this is how I modified mounts . I couldn't find another set of tank brackets so I used stock box brackets. There the same except for the ends.20160121_102117.jpg20160121_102140.jpg20160121_102217.jpg

ROCKWELL-C60

So for rear cab mount I used another stock rear cab mount. My concern is the additional 2000# in armor so what do u guys think of putting small air bags under middle of rear cab and regulator set to whatever psi to take some of weight while driving.

JohnnyBM931A2

I would assume that air bags would allow more frame flex (which you want) rather than more solid mounts. However, that's just a guess since I haven't really paid attention to how the stock cab mounts are on my truck :razz:

Another Ahab

So l ordered to set airbags for the back of a pickup truck also my sheet of ar500 steel came today.
Plywood I can order, but I don't have a clue about ordering steel plate:

- You give them thickness and what else?

Like how many variables are there (dismissing stainless steel altogether), in ordering plate steel?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks