• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 a1 armored crew cab

ROCKWELL-C60

Depends what you want there's different hardnesses from mild steel all way up to AR 500. Ar500 is what I got, ar500 what you want if you want to the most bullet resistant. 1/4 inch will stop armor piercing 308

Another Ahab

Depends what you want there's different hardnesses from mild steel all way up to AR 500. Ar500 is what I got, ar500 what you want if you want to the most bullet resistant. 1/4 inch will stop armor piercing 308
Thanks for the clarifications; that's interesting to know.

And your comment reminded me of a job I did here in DC a long time ago. It involved a secure space with a ballistic wall, and they key to design of the wall was an air gap (just a 1/2") between two sheets of 1/4" steel. As I understood it from the designing engineer, the bullet stopping effectiveness was not so much in the plate steel as that air gap between them. You ever hear that?

Tornadogt

Thanks for the clarifications; that's interesting to know.

And your comment reminded me of a job I did here in DC a long time ago. It involved a secure space with a ballistic wall, and they key to design of the wall was an air gap (just a 1/2") between two sheets of 1/4" steel. As I understood it from the designing engineer, the bullet stopping effectiveness was not so much in the plate steel as that air gap between them. You ever hear that?
That makes complete sense, just like some of the armor on some stuff over seas with the stand off armor to detonate rpg's and such before it makes contact with the actual armor to protect our troops, shaped charges are specifically designed to make contact, then pierce a hole through the armor. An 1/2 inch air gap between 2 layers of 3/8 AR500 steel is just as effective, and in some cases more effective, than 3/4 thick steel at half the weight..

Csm Davis

So for rear cab mount I used another stock rear cab mount. My concern is the additional 2000# in armor so what do u guys think of putting small air bags under middle of rear cab and regulator set to whatever psi to take some of weight while driving.
I would reinforce the rear mounts and the front also, the military did on the trucks that got gun rings only, they also heavily modified the mounting on the up armored p model. I have pictures if needed.

ROCKWELL-C60

Got all seats mounted and drilled. Then spent 3 hours scraping the remaining parts of stock floor. Xynol lifted the rubberized under coating 20160125_093706.jpg pretty good, made it a lot easier.

ROCKWELL-C60

My poor shop I spent the last two years building a Man cave and new Bay enough to build this monster and paint it all up and I'm just watching it go black. Need to put in exhuast fan.

ROCKWELL-C60

Did they reinforced the lower mounts 2. Seats are out of a franken cab I believe. They are very comfortable and I can adjust them back so far I can't reach the pedals and I'm 6 1. I hear they are questionable in stock cab because of seat back thickness

ROCKWELL-C60

for reinforcing the front mounts I'm going to armor plate the toe board and hook that into the cab mount bracket. thought about adding second rubber mount in front just behind the other mount.

Csm Davis

Did they reinforced the lower mounts 2. Seats are out of a franken cab I believe. They are very comfortable and I can adjust them back so far I can't reach the pedals and I'm 6 1. I hear they are questionable in stock cab because of seat back thickness
Yes here are some more pictures. And the seats were used in Franken cabs and 939A2Ps which were the up armored cabs, all of which use a stock lower cab as a base to build off of so they fit exactly the same in a stock 939. uploadfromtaptalk1454211965624.jpg

Csm Davis

This I just for the gun mount cab I believe the armored was even more, I am looking for those pictures. The square tubing in the first pictures is under an armored cab and Franken cab.
uploadfromtaptalk1454212127616.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454212140058.jpg

ROCKWELL-C60

Sorry at convention in Vegas 4 work this week but I left early and went to Phoenix biggest military show for to say I was a little disappointed. Are iola show is 20 times bigger, Like only 4 m939s. the good news is when I get back on my door plates and window armor will be at my house waiting for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks