• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 a1 armored crew cab

Another Ahab

Out this way, the ready-mix is almost all La Farge, with a few independents here and there.

Just curious, is La Farge buying up everybody where you all are also?

my blood flows OD

I've never seen them up here.
I'm a Forman of a bridge deck repair crew. We use rapid set concrete products and hand mix in an 18 cf mixer off the back of a 53' trailer. We have an 8 hr window to excavate the effected areas with 60 lb jack hammers and pour in order to have them open to traffic in the morning.
The trailer holds 6 pallets of Duracal rapid set and and enough sand, stone and water to support 19.5 cy.
this job kicks your:deadhorse:but I love it.

sorry:doh::rant::derailed:

Csm Davis

I'm interested in your corner detail work. How are doing that? Re-enforcing it with a corner piece?
Not sure what he is going to be doing but the military did two different styles on the older kits it was a outer angular bent piece but the P models were square with internal flat pieces behind all gaps. Like the u shaped cab reinforcements had an extra piece added to the inside I would say for catching anything that got through the gap around the door and to help hold the cab against the extra weight.

tim292stro

...the military did two different styles on the older kits it was a outer angular bent piece but the P models were square with internal flat pieces behind all gaps...
Thanks. I'm most interested in the corners, they are the most complicated. By thinking it through I've come up with one solution to a rather tricky corner detail:
Armor_Corner.jpg

Im interested in door hardware details and window framing details. These are always the most complicated of all the corners (even with flat plate armor).

Last edited:

Csm Davis

The majority of the P models had sliding small windows on the exterior that were bigger than the opening but I saw a couple with electric roll up windows which were contained on the outside of the door in a angled housing. Both styles could be locked inside.
The door handle is different on the P models but the inside mechanical parts appear to be the same. The outer handle could be disconnected from the inner mechanism if I remember right.

ROCKWELL-C60

Okay so on the rear corner the sides are going to hang pass the back of cab by an inch and the roof is going to represent the shape of a het. It's also going to have a sun visor that I'm going to hang one of my recon light bars under. So roof will be flat with 45 bend above doors to meet roof. Anybody good with photo shop. 20160207_150114.jpg

ROCKWELL-C60

There will be gaps in my coverage by door seems but what are you going to do. Bullet resistant not bulletproof. but the original windows will roll up and down in the doors but I'll make it so I can always add bulletproof windows when needed. Windshields will be bulletproof right away though.

tim292stro

Are you doing the standard width cab?
How wide are your doors and pillars?
How tall is your roofline over the hood line?

I'll use the camouflage paint guide 2D drawings to get a head on and side view, and I can do the isotropic view afterwards.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks