• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Snow Plow Trucks and Spreaders

cucvrus

CUCV Snow plow carnage.DSCF6228.jpgStill plowed in 2WD. Not so handy but got light plowing done. DSCF6229.jpgDSCF6230.jpgYou gotta love these trucks. The bungee was the trick. I fixed this in about 20 minutes. I slipped a new end on the drive shaft with a new u-joint on it and put some new U clamps on. Back at it again. No time for playing around.

cucvrus

DSCF6231.jpgUnbreakable, UN-lockable rear window crank on VOODOO plow M1009. More CUCV carnage to the snow equipment. These trucks worked hard and this was a very deep and heavy snow. When these trucks connected something had to give. I have good traction tires on all the plow trucks. Even the salt spreader CUCV left me down. The plow quit working. I basically plowed straight ahead and backwards with the plow down. Not very handy but it worked on a big empty lot. DSCF6233.jpgDSCF6232.jpgVOODOO M1009 plowed for 5 hrs without the rear drive shaft. I have the broken yoke removed and have a replacement yoke, rear drive shaft and new u-joint to install in the AM. Back to work we go. DSCF6234.jpg0500 is coming fast.

cucvrus

DSCF6236.jpgDSCF6237.jpgDSCF6238.jpgIf it only had a plow. I would have broken the Mule also. But I used it to get people out of the ditch during the night and a few people needed to get to the store. Overall I put 250 miles on the Mule in the past 2 days. People needed to get places. Hands down i will always buy the Goodyear MTR tires. The Mule never got stuck and I pulled no less than 25 vehicles out with my Bubba rope. Tomorrows another day. DSCF6198.jpgAlso used the CARC green Honda snow blower tractor. Very handy on sidewalks and door ways. Cold job but it does a nice job.

bwilson7990

M1008 w/ MM EZ-V

Here's the old girl before winter storm Jonas this past weekend. 86 M1008 with a Minute Mount EZ-V snowplow. Had hydraulic issues with the plow during the storm and had to drop it. I guess that's the next project now that the truck is up and running.

k30wplow.jpg

cucvrus

DSCF6239.jpgDSCF6240.jpgDSCF6241.jpgDSCF6242.jpgI put the Crown of Thorns M1009 inside the building in the heat. It is still not running. I removed the top of the injection pump and the fuel shut off works. I reassembled it and open the delivery lines to the nozzles. Nothing coming out. This will be a first that a pump just quit with out any advance notice. I guess there is a first for everything. I never had this experience. If it was getting fuel it would run. Everything else is fine. Time for Diesel Care. I used it hard during this storm. I always keep it busy retracting plow trucks from snow banks. The past 2 days the Mule has been filling in. And doing a fine job at it also. DSCF6243.jpgHave a great day.

cucvrus

DSCF6244.jpgDSCF6245.jpgDSCF6246.jpgDSCF6248.jpgDSCF6250.jpgBack at it again today. i have a magnet dragging behind to catch any more pieces that may break off the CUCV. DSCF6255.jpgDSCF6254.jpgDSCF6253.jpgDSCF6251.jpgDSCF6256.jpgI am not sure if everyone has an idea of the depth/volume of the snow we received over the weekend. This is heavy deep snow. By the end oi the day its a toss up of who is beat more the CUCV or myself. 12 hours of this is hard work.

UNIMOG-GUY

The magnet is a good idea
Is that what is hanging from the back of the red plow truck? Why?

I worked the truck in my avatar for the past 3 days. I'm glad I had a 1028 I barely made it up 2 driveways to plow them with chains on all 4 tires. I don't know if the 1008 would have made it? I had 3 offers to purchase the truck and plow on the spot. I chuckled and said thanks but no thanks.

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

It's to catch any more pieces that fall off the truck. Like the driveshaft, the mufflers, ricks thermos, some pin up girls pics on a steel clip board and the other normal stuff.

I am serious on it catching falling Cucv parts. That's what his post said.

cucvrus

DSCF6263.jpgDSCF6262.jpgDSCF6261.jpgDSCF6260.jpgThen from the heavens a big claw came and like a bad apple it plucked me from the snowy entrapment. DSCF6259.jpgAfter a few more hours of plowing a little at a time I opened the north side of the warehouse.

cucvrus

DSCF6266.jpgThis is the toll of storm Jonas in south central Pennsylvania. 2 M1009 rear shafts 1 front M1009 shaft. 2 front M1008/M1028 shafts 1 rear M1008 shaft. The greaseable U-joints are the weak link in the power train. I took them to the Spicer dealer in Harrisburg PA for rebuilding. One front broke the CV joint pin off. I am going to begin using none greaseable U-joints from this point forward. This was an entirely different storm. Lots of heavy deep snow. I never broke this much equipment as I did in this storm. Everything is still running. The Big Red is a 2WD for a while till I get the driveshafts back. Also note the home Dura-Bak done brush in bed-liner. It is a failure. The Line-X never failed in other trucks.

cucvrus

DSCF6274.jpgDSCF6275.jpgThis is our new 2015 GMC 2500 Sierra 4 X 4. This is back at the dealer. It also suffered in my care this week during Jonas. I noticed the red fluid in the snow and I checked every truck on the lot that was plowing but the new one. I used the new one to plow for 10 minutes because it was parked. It had 2600 miles on it and when I started it it would not go into 4 WD. From the pictures I wonder why? I will be looking for the driveshaft in the spring it is gone and the transfer case is broken. i could not get the pictures uploaded of the broken transfer case. This is NOT warranted repair. Imagine that. This was a serious snow storm we had. It should have been cleared with heavy equipment only. I told them/corporate on Saturday they did not want to listen. They said do your best. I did my best. Oh well live and learn. It has a 4" hole in the front passengers floor that is just the rubber mat and the backing till it is outside.

fitz

I'd bet you could buy a nice CUCV for what it will cost to fix the 2015 Sierra.
It sounds like a few rebuilt driveshafts and the fleet of CUCV'S will be back up & running.
Got to love the tuff old trucks.

cucvrus

Sorry to say but the CUCV's are on the end of the supply chain. They are the next ones to be replaced. 2 2007 Chevrolet Silverado's and a 2009 Ford pick up are going to be some of the older ones in a few years. This was insinuating circumstances that caused the new truck to fail. Very few storms of this size hit here. It has been 20 years since we had anything close to this in amount of snow fall. I should have started earlier and kept up. I waited to long. But its done now. I do like the new truck for comfort.Not many people spend 10- 12 hours in a truck plowing on the same lot. <> 53 acres of open lots.

CUCVLOVER

Sorry to say but the CUCV's are on the end of the supply chain. They are the next ones to be replaced. 2 2007 Chevrolet Silverado's and a 2009 Ford pick up are going to be some of the older ones in a few years. This was insinuating circumstances that caused the new truck to fail. Very few storms of this size hit here. It has been 20 years since we had anything close to this in amount of snow fall. I should have started earlier and kept up. I waited to long. But its done now. I do like the new truck for comfort.Not many people spend 10- 12 hours in a truck plowing on the same lot. <> 53 acres of open lots.
I guess when all the Cucv trucks are sold from the company they will be in your yard lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks