• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cab air springs

Ukraine Train

Can I get a quick summary of this system? How does it work and how should I use it? The TM's have repair information but I didn't see anything about what the system does. When I got my truck, the bags were pinned, and I've left them that way so far.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The manual does describe it. You can unpin them for road driving there is a control at the bottom of the bottom right of the manifold box that will inflate them. They cushion the cab when driving.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I leave mine locked in and on all the time. The manual says to deflate for offroading though. I think its a simple system im not sure there is a sensor I think they behave almost like a shock absorber.

Overdrive

The ride is MUCH BETTER with the cab air springs engaged (on) and working. When I first got my LMTV I didn't have them inflated and driving down the road made it seem really squirmy on the road.

It seems like, on my LMTV anyway, that after shutdown, maybe 3 or 4 minutes, the cab lowers back down. It is a quick action when it happens so it doesn't seem to be any kind of air leak and a day later when I fire the truck back up the air tanks are still close to full. Possibly a time delay thingy?

Same as Suprman I leave mine locked in all the time.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I wonder if they wont take air from the system to keep them up unless you have a certain pressure already. To preserve air for braking if air supply is low for some reason.

Lmtv772

Banned
The cab suspension uses the air from the tire inflation circuit, not from the brake circuit.
Later years don't have that button at the manifold anymore (at least not the MTV), So they'll always inflate.

KNINE

well I have an issue related to the cab suspension... When I disengage my parking brake the cab goes down. When I engage the parking brake the cab goes up. Any thoughts on how Ican fix this?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
With the parking brake off the truck cuts air to the hydraulic control box, as a safety so you cant raise the cab unless the truck is in park. There should be a separate air feed to the control for the cab air shocks. Maybe someone switched the two air lines to the box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks