• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The VTCS m756a2 Pipeline Truck

rustystud

True with 5 tons. The M756A2 with lockers were supposed to be Seabees trucks of which I've had 2. Not sure what branch Keith Boda's truck was but it reportedly has them.
When I was in "Landing Support" our trucks came with "Lockers" since we where working on the beaches. We had pole trucks (to set up communications) and dump trucks, cargo and wreckers and communication's trucks and more then I can remember now. They all had "Lockers" in them.

Another Ahab

True with 5 tons. The M756A2 with lockers were supposed to be Seabees trucks of which I've had 2. Not sure what branch Keith Boda's truck was but it reportedly has them.
I was Seabee, but a BU (Builder) and not an EO (Equipment Operator), so mostly the only vehicles we tangled with as BU's were the Deuce and the M715.

I don't remember seeing any M756A2's in battalion; maybe it was a regiment thing.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This jewel came out of Roosevelt Roads PR and belonged to NMCB74. It was complete but rusted beyond recognition is certain areas. It sacrificed it's life so other Oilfield trucks could live. Some parts went to Keith Boda, others to Steelsoldiers dad who has an M756A2 and the bed is on a knuckleboom deuce that is in the deep south now.

Attachments

Another Ahab

This jewel came out of Roosevelt Roads PR and belonged to NMCB74. It was complete but rusted beyond recognition is certain areas. It sacrificed it's life so other Oilfield trucks could live. Some parts went to Keith Boda, others to Steelsoldiers dad who has an M756A2 and the bed is on a knuckleboom deuce that is in the deep south now.
Rosey Roads NAS; a lot of fond Puerto Rican memories of deployment there:

- Wonder if the "Black Angus" is still around? Crazy!

What they call a Gentleman's Club; but for the life of me I don't recall ever seeing anybody in that joint that even remotely qualified for the description (myself included). :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Today's project was modifying a pioneer tool rack to go on the passenger side of the headache rack. Some WWII era wreckers had a second tool rack that held an extra shovel and a sledgehammer so we did something similar.
IMG_2517.jpgIMG_2516.jpg
I'm not sure why but the passenger side of the headache rack had 4 welds in the same spots as where the pioneer rack mounts are on the driver's side.
IMG_2518.jpgIMG_2519.jpg

rustystud

Today's project was modifying a pioneer tool rack to go on the passenger side of the headache rack. Some WWII era wreckers had a second tool rack that held an extra shovel and a sledgehammer so we did something similar.
View attachment 624744View attachment 624743
I'm not sure why but the passenger side of the headache rack had 4 welds in the same spots as where the pioneer rack mounts are on the driver's side.
View attachment 624745View attachment 624742
I like how you modified the tool rack to hold the sledgehammer ! I think I might try that when I get some free time.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Half of the clearance lights had plastic housings, which were all cracked so we're changing them all to metal housings. The blackout light lenses look original so they're all being replaced, we're also adding amber lights to the sides of the front fenders for a total of 20 lights.
IMG_2524.jpg
Pioneer tools painted:
IMG_2525.jpg
Changed out the 20" wheel for an 18", way down the line the truck will get air assist steering. Also recovered the seats with canvas covers from jatonka.
IMG_2523.jpgIMG_2522.jpg
Added some non-slip to the running boards, bumper, and fenders.
IMG_2534.jpgIMG_2537.jpgIMG_2540.jpgIMG_2533.jpgIMG_2536.jpg
Changed out the bent up mirror arms on the driver's side.
IMG_2539.jpg
There's still a lot more sanding to do before it's ready for paint.:hammer:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
After a bit of a break work has resumed on the pipeline truck.
A new plastic battery box was added, and the battery box and tool box doors are back on the truck.
IMG_2636.jpgIMG_2635.jpg
With the help of an SS member we've got our tackle blocks, I didn't take any pics yet but the blocks and anchors have all been painted.
IMG_2646.jpgIMG_2647.jpg
More sanding:
IMG_2708.jpgIMG_2709.jpgIMG_2710.jpgIMG_2711.jpg
The bed wood has all been acquired as well, we've still got to cut the boards to length and test fit it all before painting it.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the pleasure of stopping by and taking a peek at the truck....she's going to be a beauty! One of the more practical variants of the M35 that is certainly fun to have around for all sorts of projects. Jon does a great job of getting her completed and working properly.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Pretty; it's getting pretty!
And I like how the water buffalo is all part of the program. That's great. :naner:
The buffalo is nice to have at the barn since there's no water there. At some point it will be painted OD to match the m756a2.

I decided to paint the part of the bed and gin poles you only see when the poles are deployed, tomorrow we'll winch them back over the cab and spray some more.
IMG_2780.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks