• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS Parts

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Take the wheel valve off and apart. You can swap the valve with the one from your spare tire. If you have one. I have the parts and I am pretty close to you.

PBR street gang

Wheel valve was the issue

Thank you. I attempted to remove the wheel valve cover and service the valve , but unfortunately all four of the bolts snapped due to corrosion. We then put on the spare on, and all is well, so the problem was, in fact, a failed wheel valve. The CTIS module in the cab appeared normal after the tire swap. The only oddball thing was that one of the tires only pumped up to 48 psi in Highway mode, and the other tires seemed to go to 55+ (gauge only went to 50 psi). I would like to acquire more of the wheel valves, so if you have some to sell or know of a place to get them, I would be much obliged.I appreciate your help.

PBR street gang

I would like to get 2 new and 2 used please. I would like to get the whole assembly from the banjo valve to the kneeling valve, but that is not critical. I would also like the o rings in that assembly plus possibly the inline filters.

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took one apart ,absolutely brand new inside and out

All the wheel valves are manufactured 03/2016 so only three years old.

crcarson26

Anyone know what this small adjustable valve is called? Rig is a 1998 M1088. Not referring to the CTIS wheel valve, but the valve on the 90* elbow that has a flathead screw adjustment/bleeder. Several of mine are leaking, and no way to seal them up. Feels like a bad o-ring/seal and I need to find some replacements. Can these be removed and replaced with a simple elbow? Any and all info is much appreciated.. Cheers

rY9dPi9h.jpg

uR6NbNuh.jpg

MtHAcKrh.jpg

coachgeo

hmmm.... if my memory is right... folk have unscrewed them.... put a dime inside with silicone sealant and screwed it back down shut. done.

maybe a search using keywords [ valve dime ] will find discussions of this?

Last edited:

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know what this small adjustable valve is called? Rig is a 1998 M1088. Not referring to the CTIS wheel valve, but the valve on the 90* elbow that has a flathead screw adjustment/bleeder. Several of mine are leaking, and no way to seal them up. Feels like a bad o-ring/seal and I need to find some replacements. Can these be removed and replaced with a simple elbow? Any and all info is much appreciated.. Cheers

View attachment 758715

View attachment 758716

View attachment 758717
I think that might be the thing people have called the "kneeling valve". Maybe try searching for that.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The regular elbow can be ordered online for around 40 bucks. The part number is in the tm. You can search it online its is an eaton part if you dont search it as an eaton part its hard to find.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The regular elbow can be ordered online for around 40 bucks. The part number is in the tm. You can search it online its is an eaton part if you dont search it as an eaton part its hard to find.
I noticed the "new style" air hoses don't have this "kneeling valve" part (it looks like they just have an elbow). Any idea why they can do without it? Is the valve different?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I think the kneeling valve was an early feature. So the trucks height could be rapidly lowered. No need for them on the back since the bed is lower than the cab. Probably not a feature that saw alot of intended use. Better to replace it with an elbow then risk having issues with it.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the kneeling valve was an early feature. So the trucks height could be rapidly lowered. No need for them on the back since the bed is lower than the cab. Probably not a feature that saw alot of intended use. Better to replace it with an elbow then risk having issues with it.
Was it intended for someone to open the kneeling valve with a screwdriver/tool? I don't understand what it was supposed to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks