• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HOBART DCC-353-P welder contorl box

herbertv2

Does anyone have any experience rewiring a Hobart DCC-353-P welder to work without the control module box? To make it work more like the civilian version? On the Military Spec version they added a vane type on board air compressor a Hydrovane 25 and made a few other changes. The Welder I have no longer has the air compressor, the welder still works great, but it need the control module box that houses everything to excite the genset and regulate the voltage plus control the air compressor. It's a rather nice 350 amp welder with independent 3kw genset, powered by an ultra reliable perkins diesel and would really like to get it up and running again.

Last edited:

jwac

I have the welder too. Don't have remote box, have not used it as a welder, but the 30kw generator was appreciated during an extended power outage during Christmas a few years ago. I checked to see if it could be retapped for 240vac but it couldn't. Mine has a toggle to switch between local and remote control. It still has the compressor. Actually what lead me to this thread. Anybody have a manual for the hydrovane?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks