• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In the dark with my Mutt's lights...

Hi everyone,

This is a continuation to my prior post, Night Blind Mutt....

In summary,
I have no headlights, and tail lights, no black out lights in the back, and the rear red marker lights do not work.

I do have turn signals and the front yellow parking lights and front markers lights work.

I have what I believe to be an unrelated issue with the fuel gauge. With the master power off, the fuel gauge drops to the rest position below empty. When I power the electrical up, the fuel gauge needle moves to the empty mark and sits. There is no movement at all with the gauge, which leads me to believe its a ground issue.

What I have done to try to fix both issues,
Replaced the 3 lever switch for the lights, didn't help, still the same issues with the lights.
Starting at the batteries, moved through what wiring I could, checked, cleaned and tightened all the connections and grounds.

I'm in the dark guys and could use any help/suggestions you may have....

Thanks!!!!

Chris...

Update,
Ok, when I turn the lights on, obviously the're not working. So in in trying to chase down the issue I started tapping on the headlight dimmer switch. It didn't fix the headlight issue but I did notice it turned my dash lights off and on. Bad switch ya think???

Last edited:

1958 M274

Since you've eliminated the three lever switch as the issue by trying another (hopefully known good) switch, look closely at the letters by the pins in the cannon plug on the back of the switch. Compare these to the letters on the rubber socket in the wiring harness plug. It's been a few years and I don't remember exactly what the symptoms were, but I was helping a friend with similar crazy electrical issues and found that the rubber connector in the plug on the wiring harness was loose had rotated in the aluminum housing (where the alignment pin/notch is located). The pins on the switch were not lining up with the proper sockets in the plug on the harness.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks