• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 A2 HI LO Stiff shifting Problems

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Wes, much appreciated. I'll work on getting it done this week.
The answer to your question also is the one line you have that supplies air to the interlock solenoid on top just leave it open even if a bug cloggs it up it won't prevent the vent on the case from doing its job. . Or remove all the crap on top and just run your transfer case vent.

Valor

https://youtu.be/N7--6jxGDBM

Connect the bottom and top supply ports in the frame rail block together. its the simple solution
When hooking up the front axle lock-in valve air line from the dash to the front axle engagement air cylinder air line at the back of the transfer case using a compression fitting, do I use a brass ferrule or a nylon ferrule with the brass insert? It looks like my air lines have both! I'm gonna cut the ends and start fresh at the joint! Thanks for any tips.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
When hooking up the front axle lock-in valve air line from the dash to the front axle engagement air cylinder air line at the back of the transfer case using a compression fitting, do I use a brass ferrule or a nylon ferrule with the brass insert? It looks like my air lines have both! I'm gonna cut the ends and start fresh at the joint! Thanks for any tips.
Use a push type connector union and cut both lines behind the thr ferrule. Leaving the nut on the line in case you need to make a future change

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK gents- I **know** this thread is old... but....

I seem to be having the same issue, but am not sure what "airing down" refers to.

It seems like my "magic button" isn't working.

Based on an earlier post, to check that, I need to have the truck at operation air pressure, but shut off, press the button and listen for the solenoid to engage, and if it doesn't, wiggle the gear shifter while it's in the neutral position to see if it's engaged, right?

It seems that my button doesn't want to move (lie it's already depressed?) But it won't shift to low.

I've tried while sitting still, not underway and there is no load in the truck.

There is a little movement in the selector, but it feels like it hits a dead stop, and as posted earlier, I fear breaking something if I jam up on it....

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Empty the wet tank and it will shift that Tank supplies air thru the pressure protection side which puts constant air down on the shift lever.

the button on the shifter does 2 things it goes to a capacitor under the cab. This sends power to the transmission solenoid for 5th gear and to sends power to the solenoid on top of the transfer case which then vents air and releases the pressure on the rod.

tthe 5th gear on the transmission ID for ease of shifting on the fly

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Empty the wet tank and it will shift that Tank supplies air thru the pressure protection side which puts constant air down on the shift lever.

the button on the shifter does 2 things it goes to a capacitor under the cab. This sends power to the transmission solenoid for 5th gear and to sends power to the solenoid on top of the transfer case which then vents air and releases the pressure on the rod.

tthe 5th gear on the transmission ID for ease of shifting on the fly
Thank you! So when I get home I'll check the "wet tank" test and also I'll listen for the solenoid. If, by chance the solenoid doesn't click or the werlt test works, what is "the fix" for this?

I apologize, but this system is so different than my old deuce.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you want to keep it stock it's generally a solenoid swap or if you want it to work when you want it to you follow the video below.

This also bypasses it from locking the 6x6 in automatically when it goes to low range

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks