• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear main seal

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My rear main seal housing has the 3 drain holes in it.
It wasn't leaking, but since I was in there, I decided to replace it.
It was starting to get a little stiff.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have the part number for clutch alignment tool that can be found at normal parts houses?
98G and I recently changed out a clutch on a Deuce (multifuel, D-turbo). I ordered 2 different clutch alignment tools; one arrived just a few days later, but the other didn't arrive until the day after finishing the job!

#1 is a Pioneer Tool TAT-5200; I ordered it from FindItParts.com. Total price with handling & shipping was $21.80. It shipped promptly and arrived just a few days after ordering it.

#2 is by RAM, #5379, and I ordered it from Summit Racing. Several days afterwards I received an email stating that this item would be drop-shipped from the manufacturer, and it was almost 10 days later before I was notified that the item was shipped from the manufacturer. It took 3 solid weeks to get this tool in, but total cost was only $15.06 with sales tax. In fact it arrived the evening after the clutch job was done.

However, both tools are 10-spline, 1.50-inch diameter, 0.980-inch pilot. The Pioneer tool worked like a champ, and lined everything up perfectly for transmission reinstall. I highly recommend the Pioneer tool.

20170315_Deuce-Clutch-Alignment-Tool_Pioneer_01.jpg

20170315_Deuce-Clutch-Alignment-Tool_RAM_01.jpg

Last edited:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the same Deuce we swapped the clutch & PP on, we also had to change out the rear main seal. On this engine, it did NOT have the separate rear main housing; it had the seal swbradley1 mentioned earlier, where you just hook it out and replace it. As you can see from the pic, there is no rear main housing and we weren't about the pull the flywheel housing just to make sure.... :mrgreen:

20170315_Deuce-Rear-Main-Seal_01.jpg

20170315_Deuce-Rear-Main-Seal_01a.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks