• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MUTT paperworks

M151Bernie

Hi,

I got a MUTT that has been in service by US Army in Europe.
Now I have some 'gaps' in its papers (pre-owners unknown, I have no complete history of this M151). I couldn't even find a VIN!

Is there a legal way to get the proper documents?
BTW: I didn't receive a registration email from g838.com thus I couldn't ask there...

Thanks & Greetings,
Bernie

AZK9

Hi,

I got a MUTT that has been in service by US Army in Europe. ...
Congratulations and Welcome from Arizona, USA! [thumbzup]

I don't know of any specific path you might try in locating the information you seek,
but searching on this site and on the web in general, would at least be a starting point.

A quick keyword search turned up this:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?30399-Frame-number-location-on-M151A2-Mutts

Go from clue to clue. I've done this 'detective' type investigation on my M35A2 and have discovered
a lot of the information I was looking for.

Good luck and enjoy your new MUTT! :beer:

Last edited:

KansasBobcat

Did you check the left side of the transmission tunnel for a metal tag just above fuel lines? It may be covered with paint. We needed to look closely for it. It will have some of the information you need.

M151Bernie

Thank you for all these valuable information - but it seems like the pre-pre-owner removed all license information.
The only thing that I have is 3 numbers on the motor license plate, plus a painted "USA ..." no. on the hood (MUTT was in service by MP).
Is there a chance to derive the VIN from these tags?

Thx, Bernie

mutt1966

Bernie it would help us if you could narrow it down a bit, is it a straight M151 or a M151A1 it would have a tag at the top middle of the engine bay fire wall, or a M151A2 that would have the tag by the trans tunnel, driver side foot well... O&O Scott

M151Bernie

Hi Scott,
It's definetly an A2, but somebody deliberately removed VIN tag. I have only the tag on the engine plus the painting on the side of the hood, unfortunately...
Bernie

nattieleather

Any chance your truck was cut in half? Right where the body tag was on the A2 was a favorite spot for cutting them per the older demil instructions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks