• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your MKT this week???

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thinking about some kind of bed liner , maybe. Any thoughts about this , pro's/con's???
I think vinegar does a good clean up on Alu. but to cover it might just hold moisture again. So myself I might just clean and keep the trailer dry as you can.

therooster2001

After perusing several old MKT threads, I also don't have the crossover cable (the one that goes under the floor) I did buy an extension but I think this is too long, anyone have one of those?

therooster2001

I think vinegar does a good clean up on Alu. but to cover it might just hold moisture again. So myself I might just clean and keep the trailer dry as you can.
Light gauge steel wool will brighten that up, also rubbing alcohol might help. Do note that the steel wool is basically taking off some aluminum, get the 0000 pad to keep it to a minimum. I think since it oxidized you'll need to basically scour it away.

therooster2001

Emailed the transportation broker about the mishaps, and damage to the covers from the crappy "tarp service". The brand new travel covers now have three tears in them. What a shame, and of course preventable had the transportation company actually have people who care.

Suggestions on the patch?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456926620.568752.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456926512.457416.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456926538.921432.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456926553.321649.jpg

scootr14

I doubt you can make the moving company pay or reimburse you for the damage. I purchased some sail patch tape, that is suppose to be for the sail on sailboats, to put on my vinyl covers that had tears. It states it is water proof and tear proof. I live in Texas without much rain, so I can't say how good it works.
sail patch tape.jpg

therooster2001

Pulled it out, set it up and cleaned all the Wright Pat dirt out of it. Yuck. Found my crossway cable (Yeaaa!) and installed it. Turned on 4 burners and watched them power up. Only grabbed 3 gallons of diesel, so was only able to fire up 2 burners. Found a scepter spout in the trailer so my new to me scepter cans worked awesome. That thing is still in immaculate shape. I installed the poles and scratched my head on why the corners didn't fit until I unwrapped the new corner ones. not one burner has more than 20 hours on it. They all had tags and were installed backwards (is that what they do when they are serviced or empty fuel or both?) Had a blast with it. Cooking is tomorrow.

Question on the griddle. It seems like it's aluminum (way too light for cast iron). I take it you need to be a bit careful with it. I was planning on doing cheesesteaks which in a normal cast iron one, you beat the crap out of the meat. I'm worried this would pit it. It's BRAND NEW, I don't want to screw it up. Suggestions?

Can you cut on the surface? I was thinking of also doing like a hibachi...

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the griddle is aluminum, and you can cut and chip it. Do all your chopping elsewhere, and no knives on it either. That being said, it's actually quite forgiving of slightly less strenuous activities. Scraping with the appropriate tools (but not the pumice blocks) is fine.

therooster2001

Does anyone know a good socket to buy to get those jacks down with the the square head? Those "tools" to raise and lower them clang on the sides and generally tear up the sides. Someone said they are just 1" tubing compatible, so this should be easy, but I just can't find them.

therooster2001

Was thinking of that, but don't have a welder (the horror!)..

EDIT: Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, now I have a reason to buy a welder.

Last edited:

therooster2001

Hmm. I'll go all scientific and get out the calipers. That will solve this riddle for me. I'll post picts, specs (it seems for the MKT-99), and solution. Hopefully this weekend..

therooster2001

Oh boy. Those things are odd. Here's what I found when I measured:

RF - 27/32
LF - 57/64
LR - 53/64
RR - 27/32

So I ordered a 15/16 socket - 4 PT and will probably adjust all of the heads up to that. More when the stuff comes in.

scootr14

(Disregard my post, you've already done it) Be sure and measure all 4 jacks. I found out that I have 2 different sizes of square heads on my MKT. One is 1" square tubing, I'm not sure what the other size is.

Last edited:

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A tip to all! One of our jacks was sticking on our MKT-85, so I removed it and broke it down, found that the jack had a pint of water inside and was corroding the jack screw! Took the other 3 off and they all had a least a pint of black greesy water! All 4 cleaned and lubbed and reinstalled, good for another 10 years!

jasonjc

Well I move a bunch of stuff around the yard, getting ready to do some dirt work. I put the 75 next to the 90 to make it easier to transfer some of the stuff from one to the other.

Attachments

jasonjc

I got my M59 ranges picked up to day one was bran new just a few dents. Had both pots and the sq pot w/lid with 2 baking pans and the mermite holder all bran new:lol:

The other one was used but had a bran new 10 gal pot (used 15 gal) and new sq pot w/lid and 1 baking pan and mermite holder.

I almost don't want to use the new one may just put it in storage.

They had them miss labeled.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks