• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M882 Radio gear.

RichM882

Hi all.
Does anyone on this site know what radio comms equipment an M882 would have had fitted in the late '70s ? Does anyone know where I might acquire it ?
Richard.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Standard radios for all MVs during that time would be the RT524 transceiver and the optional R442 receiver. They are easily found online. Price varies based on it you want it fully operational, just for display, etc. I do not know however how it was mounted in a M882 or if it even was. M880/CUCVs were non-tactical vehicles and sometimes did not have radios.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M882s had a somewhat large radio shelf in the bed next to the cab. There's some pictures floating around. But it had a few shelves and such for holding the radios, amps and such. The antennas mounted on the mounting brackets attached to the side of the bed. I know someone will come along with the pictures soon.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not the best pic, this was taken by a gent in the late 1970s with a 35mm camera, and scanned, so it's not the best. However it does show the basic contents of some of the rack.

What I can see:

Top left, fire extinguisher
Top right, AN/GRR-5 receiver
Middle left, RT-524 transceiver
Middle center, C-1439 control box and R-442 receiver
Middle right, RT-441 transceiver
Lower left, AN/GRC-160 (PRC-77 in a AM-2060 amp)
Lower right, speakers (LS-454 type)

In foreground, TA-312 telephone, field phone wire, SB-22 switchboard, and misc. radio gear.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks