• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pinzgauer Overhead Radio Console Design

GadgetPhreak

Good morning,

While researching Pinzgauer's prior to purchase I remember seeing a thread somewhere on SS where the member had designed a custom overhead radio console. I recently purchased my Pinz to build out for Search & Rescue use and need to mount multiple radio heads (2 - Icom 1821's and 1 - Icom 1721) as well as switches and speakers. I recall the design that I saw being really well done so I'm hoping the owner or someone on SS knows which one I'm talking about and can point me to it.

I tried a number of different searches in the Pinzgauer section as well as the Radio section and was unable to locate it...

My Pinz is being shipped up from Socal the end of the month so I'll post some pics and details once I get it.

Thanks,
Ben

GadgetPhreak

I've been involved with Pinzgauers for 12 years and owned a 710M for 11. Several owners I know have used this console. It's really well built and mounts pretty well. I don't know the one you are seeking, but this is likely it.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/1...rVaYtwhw3883B8nj6rr2Qo_rKYDyI-cFLfhoCgkTw_wcB
Thank you, I have seen the Tuffy console installed in a few Pinz's and it looks like a pretty good fit.

The one I'm recalling was a custom job. I've done some more searching and still haven't found it.. :-(

GadgetPhreak

I've been involved with Pinzgauers for 12 years and owned a 710M for 11. Several owners I know have used this console. It's really well built and mounts pretty well. I don't know the one you are seeking, but this is likely it.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/1...rVaYtwhw3883B8nj6rr2Qo_rKYDyI-cFLfhoCgkTw_wcB
Thanks - I've seen several pics with the Tuffy console installed - they do look good. The one I really liked was custom and designed (and I believe built) by the OP. I want to say it was tan and ultimately had padding attached to the side in case your head came in contact.

From what I recall, it was perfect. However I may have built it up in my mind and I'm only obsessing over it because I can't find it 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks