• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tatra

FreightTrain

Banned
What is the normal going rate for a Good running Tatra 8x8 here in the US titled and ready to roll?Maybe needing a little body work but mechanically great.

FreightTrain

Banned
Got a quote from Russian Trucks but I know there has to be cheaper options than 35-45,000 bucks.I could buy a hemmet(or four) for that or or a couple humvees.

kcimb

Re: RE: Tatra

FreightTrain said:
Got a quote from Russian Trucks but I know there has to be cheaper options than 35-45,000 bucks.I could buy a hemmet(or four) for that or or a couple humvees.
ETA: I just realized you were looking for the 8x8..not 6x6.. Wow FT, you have big ambitions! There was an 8x8 sold up in the north someplace a while back and the guy posted about it here on SS.

Russian Truck is relatively expensive. see www.tanksforsale.co.uk..they have Tatras for as low as 5500 euro, which is about 11000 USD. Tatra 813s are 15000.

Heavy & Medium Trucks

T72 Tank
50000 Euro
Tatra813 Truck
15000Euro

T55 AM2 Tank
40000 Euro
PragaV3s Truck
4500GBP

T55 Recovery
40000 Euro
Gaz66 Truck
5500Euro

DANA 8x8 SPG
40000 Euro
Tatra805 Truck
5500Euro

BMP1 APC
POA
Zil131 Truck
4500Euro

BMP2 APC
POA
Zil157 Truck
4500Euro

OT90 APC
POA
Ural375 Truck
4500GBP

OT64 SKOT APC
POA
Tatra148 Truck
4500Euro

Ot810 Halftrack
25000Euro
Zil135 Truck
10000Euro

vtunimog

RE: Re: RE: Tatra

You can buy a Tatra 813 in fair condition from the Czech rep for around 10,000 - 12,000 Euro = roughly $15,500 - $18,500 Problem is shipping. The trucks are 75 cubic meters x $60 per meter = $5000 just for ocean. When all is said and done you will pay at least $7500 for door to door plus duty. Duty is now at 25% on these trucks since an importer in Texas asked for a determination. Unless you can fit the truck with a tow rig, bridge layer, or crane you will get assessed the 25% rate. S&S fire equipment is paying this rate even on Cab and Chassis for their imports of the ATC/Tatra 815 Ultra Wildlands firefighting vehicle.

The tatra is expensive, a used (refurbished) military 815 will run between $55,000 - $90,000 that for a 15-18 year old truck ! however they cannot be easily compared to say an International or Oshkosh or other so called all terrain vehicles of their size. These trucks are probably the most capable offroad trucks in the world (in the 10-25 ton range). As a result they are priced accordingly they are fairly complex machines with a great deal of engineering. Many like to compare them to many other Soviet bloc trucks, that is a tough comparison since Tatra has been making heavy trucks since the turn of the last century and pioneered many innovations such as dual axle steering, air cooled diesel technology, back-bone integrated frame/drive train system, all wheel drive etc.

By next spring I should have at least one truck here stateside it looks like it will be an 813 8x8 that is being serviced and repaired in the Czech rep now. I have no idea how much I will sell the thing for as I am guessing at my fees and charges to get it here. The good news is that I can transport it nearly anywhere in the USA via rail for much much less than over-the road haulage.

tatra813

RE: Re: RE: Tatra

Chris is the 25% import tax a pretty recent law? Thats a real bummer especially with the exchange rate driving the cost of the trucks up even more.

tatra813

Re: RE: Re: RE: Tatra

vtunimog said:
You can buy a Tatra 813 in fair condition from the Czech rep for around 10,000 - 12,000 Euro = roughly $15,500 - $18,500 Problem is shipping. The trucks are 75 cubic meters x $60 per meter = $5000 just for ocean. When all is said and done you will pay at least $7500 for door to door plus duty. Duty is now at 25% on these trucks since an importer in Texas asked for a determination. Unless you can fit the truck with a tow rig, bridge layer, or crane you will get assessed the 25% rate. S&S fire equipment is paying this rate even on Cab and Chassis for their imports of the ATC/Tatra 815 Ultra Wildlands firefighting vehicle.

The tatra is expensive, a used (refurbished) military 815 will run between $55,000 - $90,000 that for a 15-18 year old truck ! however they cannot be easily compared to say an International or Oshkosh or other so called all terrain vehicles of their size. These trucks are probably the most capable offroad trucks in the world (in the 10-25 ton range). As a result they are priced accordingly they are fairly complex machines with a great deal of engineering. Many like to compare them to many other Soviet bloc trucks, that is a tough comparison since Tatra has been making heavy trucks since the turn of the last century and pioneered many innovations such as dual axle steering, air cooled diesel technology, back-bone integrated frame/drive train system, all wheel drive etc.

By next spring I should have at least one truck here stateside it looks like it will be an 813 8x8 that is being serviced and repaired in the Czech rep now. I have no idea how much I will sell the thing for as I am guessing at my fees and charges to get it here. The good news is that I can transport it nearly anywhere in the USA via rail for much much less than over-the road haulage.

I saw you have a OT-64 for sale, is it in America? and how much are you asking, I love those things.

tatra813

Re: RE: Re: RE: Tatra

dmetalmiki said:
try this site (search) morter investments I allmost bought this rig!! 10000 ck £5000
The 6x6 is a awsome looking truck I always wandered if the 8x8 or 6x6 had a advantage offroad. I see most of the truck trials guys using 8x8's maybe because of availablilty.

I dont think it would be too hard to convert a 8x8 to a 6x6 though by looking at the chassis tube.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Tatra

Having two closely spaced front axles is an advantage when crossing obstacles like a wall for example, or a berm/mound....

tatra813

Yes I can definitily agree with that, especially crossing ditches, Much smoother ride, I was actually comparing the 6x6 tatra to the 8x8 both have the 2 front steering axles, the difference is the absence of one of the rear axles on the 6x6. The whole chassis tube is bolted on in sections and it looks like it would be easy to remove a section. Ill probably never do it but It is interesting what the difference would be.

one disadvantage on the Tatra if you are doing extreme offroading the front of the cab hangs over the front axle a little ways, Its fun to watch the truck trials they use the front bumper as a bulldozer in a lot of situations because it gets in the way rocks etc, at least it is very stout.
They actually make a snow plow attachment and a real bulldozer attachment for them. I would love to get the dozer attachment if I could find one.

stephenfeldmeier

I predict in about 5 years or so we are going to see a flood in the market of these things in the US. Reason is the Russian economy is growing 6.7% a year. Which means that the Russian military will start to afford newer vehicles for their military and a few opportunists in Russia will start their own export business on all the old surplus equipment. Once they find out that there is a huge interest in these trucks over here, I can only imagine that we will have these coming out of our ears. Again this is only a predicament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tatra813

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Tatra

stephenfeldmeier said:
I predict in about 5 years or so we are going to see a flood in the market of these things in the US. Reason is the Russian economy is growing 6.7% a year. Which means that the Russian military will start to afford newer vehicles for their military and a few opportunists in Russia will start their own export business on all the old surplus equipment. Once they find out that there is a huge interest in these trucks over here, I can only imagine that we will have these coming out of our ears. Again this is only a predicament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will definitily be in the market for a Maz if I could find parts supplier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks