• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-8xx series Replacement parts

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
For a MEP-802/803 unit which has no power, lights, pump, start etc....

Make sure the Emergency Stop Button is pulled out. (also, maybe cycle it to make sure)

Guyfang

Staff member
You can test the S-17, (emergency stop button) also. But start at the batteries. 24 volts on the batteries. Then go to the CB-1, (D:C: control circuit breaker). Then the S-17. Then to pin 2 on the S-1, (start switch)

Thats a start. Get into the schematics. Its not hard

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
All the manuals you will need to do anything with your units are here on Steel Soldiers.

All the manuals for the MEP-802, 5KW Generator and MEP-803 10KW Generator

MEP-802A and MEP-803A manual information

MEP-802A manuals you should have
TM 9-2815-252-24_____ Diesel Engine Model DN2M
TM 9-2815-252-24P____ Diesel Engine Model DN2M-1 Parts
LO 9-6115-641-12____ Lubrication Order
TB 9-6115-641-13____ Winterization Kit Tech Bulletin
TM 9-6115-641-10 ____ Operator's Manual MEP-802A
TM 9-6115-641-24____ Maintenance Manual MEP-802A
TM 9-6115-641-24P____ Maintenance MEP-802A Parts

MEP-803A manuals you should have
TM 9-2815-253-24_____ Diesel Engine Model DN4M
TM 9-2815-253-24P____ Diesel Engine Model DN4M-1 Parts
LO 9-6115-642-12____ Lubrication Order
TB 9-6115-642-13____ Winterization Kit Tech Bulletin
TM 9-6115-642-10____ Operator's Manual MEP-803A
TM 9-6115-642-24____ Maintenance Manual MEP-803A
TM 9-6115-642-24P____ Maintenance MEP-803A Parts

87Nassaublue

Mike,

This info should be put into an Excel file, and constantly up dated. Too many people reinvent the wheel every time someone new starts looking for parts. A list for every type of gen set by model.

The same with manuals. I have the newest Power generation CD, and asked a moderator if we could remove the manuals that are in the forums manual bank. Got no reply yet. I would replace the manuals by type and model. There are NEW manuals, along with changes to others.

That's an excellent idea.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Any MEP-8xx should be thoroughly checked, and then fully loaded to 100% for a few hours.

jamawieb

Looking for an access door for a MEP 803A. Need the one that is on the side where the batteries are located
Evil Dr. Porkchop is parting out a unit. I bought the access door on the starter side and so he only has the side where the dip stick is located.

Ray70

Hey guys, not sure if this is the best place to post this info but.... I found another great source for LPW engine gaskets, if any of you haven't tried it yet.
I noticed the the ebay UK site seems to have abetter selection of LPW parts than the US site and found [FONT=&quot]www.e-gaskets.co.uk to have great prices on gaskets.
Even after the currency conversion and paying some postage, some parts are still about 50% cheaper than the best domestic prices I've found.
For example.... valve cover gaskets domestically are $10 each. Geoff Quick at e-gaskets sold me LPW4 4 packs for $9.25 USD. a set.
LPW2 head gaskets, I was paying $25 Domestically, he has them for $18.
And since gaskets are small and light, shipping is pretty cheap, probably even less than most domestic shipping costs.

[/FONT]

NormB

Rookie question, one I’ve been going around in circles on.

Found gasket sets (complete) on a different UK website, site you mentioned only has TOP end decoking sets.

Question I’ve got it, what mechanical, dimensional differences are there between the Onan and Lister-Petter engines?

Can gaskets from one be used for overhauling another?

Or just decoking.

Thanks.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Onan engine in the MEP-802/803 are literally Lister-Petter engines, except for the Onan badge. They are 100% Lister-Petter, OEM branded for Onan for this application.

jamawieb

Yes, what Light in the dark said. Onan bought the rights to the Lister Pitter motor and put their markings on it. When the units go through tier 2 rebuilds, they are marked with a sticker that says rebuilt Lister Petter. The Lister Petter is model for the 803a is LPW4 and the Onan is DN4M.

USAMilRet

Rookie question, one I’ve been going around in circles on.

Found gasket sets (complete) on a different UK website, site you mentioned only has TOP end decoking sets.

Question I’ve got it, what mechanical, dimensional differences are there between the Onan and Lister-Petter engines?

Can gaskets from one be used for overhauling another?

Or just decoking.

Thanks.
When looking for parts, I always try the LP numbers from their parts manual. The LPW4 gasket set for $80 from the auction house will work, except for the metal rings that sit under the lower pushrod tube seal. Those are a bit large to sit in the recess.

I have used 2 of the gasket sets with no other issues.

NormB

When looking for parts, I always try the LP numbers from their parts manual. The LPW4 gasket set for $80 from the auction house will work, except for the metal rings that sit under the lower pushrod tube seal. Those are a bit large to sit in the recess.
I have used 2 of the gasket sets with no other issues.
Thanks. Looked at some of those, too. Kit from UK runs about $100 plus shipping.

So where/who makes the OEM parts? Some shop in UK or do they import theirs from PRC, inc., too?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks