Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a FLU 419!!!

Thanks

Yeah, I've always figured that it'd be the easiest to treat the SEE as the tractor it is.
    Bought two inexpensive LED strobe lights (less than $20 each) to put over the cab, mounted on small but strong magnets.
    Also got a triangle mount for the back, and use the cheap LED worklights (replaced the dismal incandescent stockers) when on the road.
    Never have bothered with the flashers since the important pair, the rear, aren't overly visible anyway.

Then again, so far I haven't even installed the strobe lights or triangle a single time, but the cops around here are human.
    Besides, the unregistered SEE is far from the strangest contraption I drive down the road on occasion.

General
    Thanks

Since we cant discuss insurance (per the stickee at the top of the forum), I can say that in NH, I registered mine as construction equipment.
    Unimog SEE, Unimog 1300L Ambulance (for now)

Private
    Thanks

State Farm provided me liability for my FLU-419 SEE for about 160 every 6 months. Dirt movers and tractors are exempt in ohio, so I didn't bother getting plates. But I am considering removing attachments to drive around and I can see getting stopped for no plates then. But I have a legal concern if I VOLUNTARILY change the legal status of my vehicle from TRACTOR to TRUCK as then I lose my exempt status and right o way clauses under statute.

Thanks

I don't see how removing the implements makes it a truck.
    Trucks you put cargo on, so unless you also install a bed of some sort it should still be a tractor - which you pull things with.

If you do end up removing the loader and backhoe, please let me know how much fun it was to reinstall them.

Thanks

Does anyone have a pic of a engine cover for the flu419 with the forklift/knuckle boom crane. Mine has the same one as the SEE with the boom and bucket
    Instructions on it. Seems like it should have one specifically for the forklift??? Maybe someone replaced mine???

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks

They look and are identical, Paul. Only the decals differ.
    The only not-so-obvious difference between the SEE and the HMMH is the push button switch on the far (curl) lever on the HMMH, which when pushed in activates the small cylinder on the right side that rotates the forklift.
    I might have a NOS decal...maybe.

EDIT: Intended to post a photo of the HMMH sticker on the doghouse, but they both have a SEE sticker. Never did notice that until now.
    Well, at least you're not alone, Paul.
    Last edited by The FLU farm; 03-20-2017 at 13:21.

Thanks

That's what I thought was strange!

Thanks

Of course, theres the front suspension lockout difference, too.

Thanks

Oh, there are quite a few differences between a SEE and an HMMH.
    Anyway, when/if I find my bag of decals, I'll check if there's a HMMH specific one for the doghouse.

EDIT: Found the ad for the decal set, but it's only the loader decal, nothing for the forklift.
    Last edited by The FLU farm; 03-20-2017 at 19:55.

Private
    Thanks

I'd like to see win that one. You have a right to disregard any law if you can somehow claim its for religious use? That's why some people are repulsed by organized religion. Thank god for Unimogs...but your reasoning is a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by vtwin4christ View Post
    We have several legs to stand on in court:
    1) We use this as ministry outreach and we are covered by section 1 article 7 of the state Constitution that says that no law shall infringe on our religious beliefs.
    2) We have all the paper work declaring a unimog and the FLU-419 as a tractor/dirt mover and it has a PTO. So it shouldn't be an issue convincing a judge.
    3) If the copper is a butt head and wants to tow the FLU-419... Then 18USC241 and our religious liberties would come into play. I would be respectful and ask for a supervisor. As violations (or even conspiring to violate someones religious liberty) carries up to a 10 year prison sentence. - So I think we could work through that issue in a man2man discussion. (it's always a touchy area when you enter a testosterone driven (I am right) situation)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to akhummer For This Useful Post:

88FLU419 (04-30-2017)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast