• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-8xx series fuel pump

cbisson

I had the aux fuel pump level switch hang up on me one time in my 802 and the aux pump just kept pumping. I was watching the refill and was able to stop the aux pump by switching S1 from "Aux Fuel" to "Prime and Run". I reached into the tank and moved the switch floats up and down which seemed to fix the problem. But now I don't trust an automatic refill: I'm always standing by when the Aux Fuel Pump is on. My machine is configured as it was by the military - no auto start. There's a switch available on Ebay: 6680-01-450-6330. Check the TMs for troubleshooting and details. TMs here: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threa...-generator-and-mep-803-10kw-generator.148871/
The same thing happened to me. Aux pump cut-out float stuck and overfilled the tank. No spill as I was there and watching but I will not use the aux pump unattended. The convenience is not worth the hassle of cleaning up a spill.

69birdman

Gentlemen, I got the E8135 installed for the primary pump, It installed well in the factory position. The top line is a bit of a stretch, but I got it to reach and hooked up. Runs like a champ again. Next weekend I'm going to replace the Aux pump as it has failed too. I'm going to Light In The Dark's post as a reference. I'm actually hunting a second generator for my neighbor. He likes my set-up and wants to duplicate it at his place. I'm going to check the classifieds now. If anyone has an alternate source for an MEP 803 it would be much appreciated. Thanks again fellas!
How did you stretch the input line, it's tight with the OE cube pump. Have any pictures?

Bluevic443

Would like to know if anyone has used this style of pump? Looks like it would be a good candidate for both the main and aux pump. Does state that it will free flow when off, which is a concern in the aux position. Like the fact that it has a visible strainer.

Attachments

Bluevic443

Is there some reason to not use the Facet pump?
My short history with the Facet pumps is with the 2-802's and the 1-803. Of the 3 main pumps and the 3 AUX pumps I got one of each to work. I know these pumps are pushing 30 years old. But as with most thing, there are better options. I like the built in pre filter before the main pump to catch the big stuff that might get into the main tank and the clear bowl to monitor any water before it gets to the other filters. I have already installed one of the cheap inline filters before the main Facet pump.
Might still get one of the 12vdc versions to use as a transfer pump from my 100 gal tank.

Firebrand

Here's my Carter P70416 pump setup with additional fittings to connect into my MPE-803A primary fuel line. Just need to add a bushing for the inlet side that takes the 1/4" NPT female down to 1/8" NPT female for the filter connection.

I used some 1/4" NPT 90* elbows on the output side along with the 1/4" NPT to 3/8" hose barb to connect the output back into the steel hard lines. On the end there is a 1/4" NPT female to 1/4" JIC female connector that attaches to the JIC bulkhead fitting on the steel hard line,

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks