• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--ATANKERSDAD--Dudley Taylor

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was shocked to hear about Dudley's passing last night. I immediately reached out to Matt to offer my support. I consider Matt and Sean to be good friends, and Dudley was right there with them. He will be missed. I recall Dudley telling me many times about how he always tried to prepare his boys for the future. He'll still be with them in spirit. I am sure they will see his handprints everywhere they look as he was a good father and a great man. Dudley, you will be missed. Semper fi.

HAWKMAN

Shocked couldn't possibly describe my feelings after hearing this news...Dudley was a top notch guy that I always looked forward to seeing and talking to at Aberdeen.He'd make it a point to come over to my spaces to say hello and to genuinely ask how I'm doing....another great guy gone...R.I.P. Sir you will be missed......

mikey

Two members I knew personally have died in two weeks. This is sad.

GREAT guy. Very sad. Prayers for his family. RIP Dudley.

Mikey

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Mike I remember that. I think that was one of the last meets before I headed onto Atlanta. Think everyone is behind my truck. Good photo. Thanks for sharing.

powerhouseduece

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It has not been easy but with the love and support of friends and family we are slowly moving along. Even though Sean and I have not been around alot lately, we are proud to see we're still in everyone's thoughts. Dad always enjoyed you guys and had a ton of great memories with all of you. Here is the info for the viewing and funeral. (Sorry, trying to post from my phone) but all is welcome to come and all mv's welcome. Just need a head count so we can have some parking spots set up. Thanks again everyone

http://www.evansfuneralchapel.com/h.../3623212/lud/52FA532AB1C42BBF1026252ADAFA0E7C

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Update from the funeral home website. Viewings this weekend and funeral on Monday at 1000 on the NE side of Baltimore in the general vicinity of I695 and I95. I will be there for my brother. I am still absolutely heartbroken over this.

So with my windshield time today I was thinking things over and the image that keeps flashing in my head was what always seemed (to me) to always happen to Dudley. He was always wearing sunglasses. He never seemed to wear sunscreen. So at night he'd go without sunglasses and he'd have white circles around the eyes and be beet red on his face. For some reason this was always so F'in' funny looking and I always got a laugh at his expense. He might have only been in the military for a short period of time but he served his country longer by serving BAE in their manufacture of weapons. He also raised a pair of really great sons!

Having a drink or two or three (might even have four) to his memory tonight.

cruzinz28

the first time I think I met Dudley it was for David's Funeral. Even as a new member he rounded as many of us up as he could to be in the funeral procession with our military trucks. I still have the memory of Dudley rolling up in a Tan Deuce with the windows rolled down and sweat pooring off his brow because it had an arctic heater and he didn't want to turn it off in fear it wouldn't fire back up on that extremely cold day!

Second time we hung out was from the meeting in Frederick Mike posted a picture of. We met for breakfast, discussed our plan to acquire power steering kits for all that needed on in bulk and then had a mini swap meet in the parking lot.

The last year I went to Aberdeen he walked right up and asked where I'd been? I said life happens, got married, had a beautiful daughter at home and priorities changed a little for the time being. After I showed him a picture of my daughter, like first time dad's do, he said she was beautiful and to take care of my family, they come first!

I'm gone miss Dudley, as a friend, and fellow Steel Soldiers member that can never be replaced. Rest in Peace my friend and I hope to see you again some day.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our thanks to the Steel Soldiers who were able to attend Dudley's funeral service.

As stipulated in his obituary (link previously shared in this thread) the SS Benevolence Fund honored the family's request by making a sizable donation in lieu of flowers to Wounded Warriors with our acknowledgement representing this SS organization as a whole. Should anyone wish to donate directly to the various optional funds mentioned in the obituary, I strongly encourage you to do so. I have always appreciated those who suggest "donations in lieu of flowers" to honor their departed loved ones. It's a way to show your love for them and for your monies to help their memory live on.

Indeed, Dudley will be missed. He left his mark in these forums and elsewhere during his life.

John
SS Chaplain

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am still in shock about the passing of Dudley. He was one of the first people I met at one of the breakfast gatherings in Sykesville, back in 2011. Over the ensuing five years we had many an occasion to get together over military vehicles, parts, accessories, and have some great conversations. I count myself very fortunate to have called Dudley a friend. The hobby, and the country, has lost a great man. Aberdeen will never be the same.

Sean and Matt, I'm so sorry for your loss.

rickf

This is what I get for not checking the forum more often! This is VERY sad news. I am sorry to hear this and my sincere condolences to all of the family. Dudley was a good man and helped me secure a spot at Aberdeen after years of not being able to do so.

Always enjoyed a good meal

Always happy, always positive.

RIP Dudley

OLDCHEV4X4

I am so sorry to hear about Dudley! This was news to me and i feel terrible that i didn't get to see him one last time. I would have been there guaranteed! The first time i met Duds and his sons, Matt and Shaun, was at Davids funeral. He invited me in his home like he knew me for years. That is the kind of guy he was. When me and my spouse were going thru some rough times together, Dudley gave me advice and encouragement to get us through. I gave him a VCR tape of the Rausch Creek Rally and he loved it! He loved it so much that he started going too. He was a great man and i will miss him.
RIP Dudley

Sorry this is so late, i didnt know.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am so sorry to hear about Dudley! This was news to me and i feel terrible that i didn't get to see him one last time. I would have been there guaranteed! The first time i met Duds and his sons, Matt and Shaun, was at Davids funeral. He invited me in his home like he knew me for years. That is the kind of guy he was. When me and my spouse were going thru some rough times together, Dudley gave me advice and encouragement to get us through. I gave him a VCR tape of the Rausch Creek Rally and he loved it! He loved it so much that he started going too. He was a great man and i will miss him.
RIP Dudley
Sorry this is so late, i didnt know.

Loss doesn't have a "time-line"..................Glad you were/are able to express your grief and loss, even though the actual event was a while ago. My thoughts and prayers for you..............................
Better late than never, right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks