• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 lug nuts

ChemicalSFC

I recovered my M1101 from Ft. Campbell last week and everything went well, except for the constant rain. Glad I carried a rain suit to wear while I got the temporary lights installed and tires aired up. Now that I have it home I want to install the aluminum wheels from my 2009 Chevrolet 2500 in order to lower the bed height a few inches. I know several others have installed these same wheels. My problem: The lug nuts from my 2500 will not fit the trailer due to different threads. The lug nuts on the trailer do not have as deep a taper as the truck lug nuts, which means the lug nuts don't match the taper in the wheel lug holes. Will this cause a problem keeping the lugs seated securely or "wallowing" the lug holes in the wheels? What have others done when installing Chevrolet 2500 aluminum wheels on their M1101/M1102 trailers?

ChemicalSFC

The M1101 uses a 9/16 lug nut. If using a GM aluminum wheels, the lug nuts must have a "bulge taper" to seat properly. Harleyhouse has the best solution, although I found mine locally at a custom wheel store.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks. will buldge work or just open?

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NEZ11710DLBK4
The oe are just open face conical seat if you are using the factory plain steel wheels. If using oe gm factory alum or chrome wheels, I would think they are still conical seats. Typically only aftermarket wheels need deep extended thread that go into the rim.

I can not tell from NAPA's description thread size?

unk

The oe are just open face conical seat if you are using the factory plain steel wheels. If using oe gm factory alum or chrome wheels, I would think they are still conical seats. Typically only aftermarket wheels need deep extended thread that go into the rim.

I can not tell from NAPA's description thread size?
Probably be safer to go with open end. Maybe buy one of these to test:
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NDP6412013

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure on the back spacing and hub circle specs off hand. Probably listed here on ss on another thread. Same wheel also for hmmwv.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks