• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Assistance installing Mile Marker

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is another thread on here on how to specifically reverse the wires in the cannon plug and make the black controller work perfectly on MM. The cannon plug is the same for both.

04mustang

I was a bit premature in posting about the winch controller. My new hmmwv had a mile marker winch installed and didn't have the controller or the hook for the cable. When I got to looking around and in the battery compartment I found it all. Including the snatch block. All brand new in the wrappers

davykeith

Reviving this thread. Installing mine. I have the flexible lines sold by mile marker. I too struggled with the bolts the control arms until I read here how to remove them as well reversing the heads to the rear. I struggled trying to mount it on the brackets. It wouldn't fit between the two frame brackets. Also, I don't see why the brake caliper needs to be removed.

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to remove the left caliper to reverse the control arm bolt as it was a tight fit.
Which winch mount are you using? First style mile marker cradle with built in face plate or the later model separate flat face plate?
I made a mistake installing the cradle style as I had the mm specific frame brackets right and left reversed.

Last edited:

davykeith

I had to remove the left caliper to reverse the control arm bolt as it was a tight fit.
Which winch mount are you using? First style mile marker cradle with built in face plate or the later model separate flat face plate?
I made a mistake installing the cradle style as I had the mm specific frame brackets right and left reversed.
Thanks. I FINALLY got it mounted last night. I don't want to ever have to do that again! It was tough, very tight fit. Swingarm bolts were a pain as well as taking the caliper off. I realized AFTER I took both bolts off I probably could have just loosened the top caliper bolt instead of taking it all the way out. That is the tightest space I've ever had to take a bolt off. Insane! The winch was also a super tight fit. After much cursing, I got it. Ok next question. I have researched for hours on this. I have a lever controller from Mile Marker for this winch. It has a white and black for the "in" and "out" which I will connect to 758A and 758B. However, no where in the TM or Mile Marker's installation instructions tells me which wire goes to which! I've came to the conclusion that it must not matter and if it goes out when I press in, then I need to reverse them. Anyone who's figured out this mystery, let me know. Thanks.

CGFFEMT

Thanks. I FINALLY got it mounted last night. I don't want to ever have to do that again! It was tough, very tight fit. Swingarm bolts were a pain as well as taking the caliper off. I realized AFTER I took both bolts off I probably could have just loosened the top caliper bolt instead of taking it all the way out. That is the tightest space I've ever had to take a bolt off. Insane! The winch was also a super tight fit. After much cursing, I got it. Ok next question. I have researched for hours on this. I have a lever controller from Mile Marker for this winch. It has a white and black for the "in" and "out" which I will connect to 758A and 758B. However, no where in the TM or Mile Marker's installation instructions tells me which wire goes to which! I've came to the conclusion that it must not matter and if it goes out when I press in, then I need to reverse them. Anyone who's figured out this mystery, let me know. Thanks.
Correct, just free spool some of the cable out (so as to not jam/overstress the cable if connections are reversed) and test the winch. If winch movement is opposite of controller markings just swap 758A/B for proper function.

86m1028

Hope I’m not hijacking this thread but hopefully someone can add info to it.
I picked up a couple mile marker winches that were removed from hmmwv’s.
Question is how do you tell which capacity winch you have ?
Thanks in advance.

Dock Rocker

Thanks in advance.
I believe all of the milenarker hydraulics were 10.5k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks in advance.
There are front and rear models which are different.

86m1028

Should have been more clear, these included the front winch plate.
I did search, but wanted to verify that all the fronts were 10,500.
Thanks everyone.
5D44CAD3-84D2-46B0-BA49-E401F3BF0AF8.jpgF6899F52-58CA-4477-B3C4-2748D2171710.jpgFBF47058-5E67-48EF-A219-D37589937075.jpg569F5181-5192-4D70-9D11-FF4338F0152B.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks