• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Assistance installing Mile Marker

darkturbo

Hi, I just got this 10.5k winch kit for my HMMWV still sealed in a crate and after many hours of trying to installing it, I got stuck. I went to look online and as it turn out, somehow my crate is missing a manual and a few other parts. The thing that I think is missing now are the top bent hard tubing and the two screw that go to the "P" and the "T" mounting slot. I dont mind paying for it to complete the installation but are unable to find those parts any where. Can someone please help. Model number 983-97-50071
Thanks, Dustin
winch.jpg

tage

call mile marker. They'll get you part numbers, and will sell you the parts.
Might be able to get a hydraulic shop to custom bend some hard lines for you as well.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That winch don't look NOS...if it was in the original kit, it would include a lot of stuff.
but looking at your pic, the winch itself is complete. They are fairly simple to install.
you have left out what parts you are missing, you just pointed to lines, but the lines I see are correct.
the milemarker install is in the newer TM's as well. You need to plumb into the power steering with blue Hyd
hoses that should have been included. One line goes to steering gear, one line goes to hydroboost.
then you need the circuit breaker and wiring to run to the winch solenoid...

darkturbo

thank you for the reply..... the picture is not the one I have. I use it to show the part that is currently missing. Still looking for it.....BTW,, anyone know where I can get a copy of the HMMWV instruction manual? I try the Mile Marker site but no luck...

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MM install is in the new manuals...not the older m998 series.
you may have a hard time finding some of those parts if MM won't sell them...maybe someone has a bad winch.bmy MM has them and it's new in the crate.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most Hyd shops can make up the lines if you can't find them anywhere.

The hardest part would be making the bends but anybody with a tubing bender should be able to do it. There is just a banjo fitting on the winch end and JIC where the hose attaches.

I'd try to contact MM before I did that though. I'd think they would sell you the parts or point you to a MM dealer that would.

darkturbo

Most Hyd shops can make up the lines if you can't find them anywhere.

The hardest part would be making the bends but anybody with a tubing bender should be able to do it. There is just a banjo fitting on the winch end and JIC where the hose attaches.

I'd try to contact MM before I did that though. I'd think they would sell you the parts or point you to a MM dealer that would.
I call MM and they wont sell military part to civilian. I also dont have the part to make a duplicate at the hydraulic shop.

tage

I call MM and they wont sell military part to civilian. I also dont have the part to make a duplicate at the hydraulic shop.

Rubbish.
They were more then happy to sell me a 50$ part for 350$ when I called them last week. In fact they even gave me the NSN, and transferred me to the sales lady who took the NSN, and ordered the dam part. The sales lady had no access to the part numbers or diagrams however.

You get the part number from the tech. Talk to the techs like they're are human, and they will work with you. They will want a picture of the winch to confirm the right product.

You'll have to take the whole winch into a hydraulic shop so they can mock it up with the correct fittings. My hydraulic shop loves to do one off stuff for me, they find it more interesting then doing tractor lines all day...

Last edited:

Dock Rocker

I cant seem to find it. If you see it can you please point me to it. Thanks
You aren't looking very hard. Go to eBay type m998 mile marker hydraulic and I found all sorts of options.
Here are the two part numbers you need. You can type the part number innas well and search for each individual line.

darkturbo

You aren't looking very hard. Go to eBay type m998 mile marker hydraulic and I found all sorts of options.
Here are the two part numbers you need. You can type the part number innas well and search for each individual line.

those I got.. I just need the hard line and the bolt that goes with it. and the manual.

Dock Rocker

You can get the manual off of the link I posted on mile markers military site.

Are you talking about the two hard lines that are attached to the winch that the lines like the ones above attachment to? If so the only place you will get those is a junk winch or directly from mile marker.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks