• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Checking on getting some military oriented air fresheners. Need input.

What scent are you interested in? You can check more than one.

• Total voters

ida34

I have been thinking of doing this for years. There are certain smells or scents that really bring back my military service. I see it when I take my deuce to regular car shows and the vets smell the canvas. It really seems to take them back to another time. I love the smell of the canvas. I also like the sweet smell of the powder that seems to linger in ammo cans. I was in artillery and the powder canisters really smelled of that sweet smell. I have also found the smell of diesel smoke seems to take me back to my military days. My son loves the smell also. I am amazed when people think it stinks. I have wanted to make this and sell them at events on online. I think there may be a market for them. I want to do all three. The problem is to do a custom scent I need to get 5000 min. I don't have the juice to speculate on 15000 air fresheners that may or may not sell. I may be able to try one scent out first them try to get the others if things work out. The pole is going to ask what scents you guys would be interested in. I am shooting for a price of around $5 each but am not sure until I can work some numbers. I hope to be able to do it for less. The more I make the less it costs. So on to the market research. If you have another idea for a scent let me know.

Thanks
Chuck

jasonjc

I picked up a load of canvas and a lot of it ended up in the back seat of my truck. It smelled like canvas for weeks.

ida34

Canvas is my number one but the power smell is a close second. Thanks for the reply's so far and keep them coming.

FrankUSMC

I have two 5 gallon cans of military canvas preserver, if any one here loves the small of canvas, you can have both cans, just pick them up here in Newport.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There wasn't an E option - "All of the above, plus helo turbine exhaust" ;)

Cheers

PS - a slightly related story, in that it entails air fresheners and the military. My son was returning aboard Camp Pendleton in his POV and got stopped at the gate and given an "Obscured Windshield" ticket by an MP, because he had an air freshener hanging from his mirror.
"Can I just take it off now?"
"No. Here's your ticket".
To get the ticket dismissed, he had to go down to the JAG within 10 days and show that he had "corrected" the discrepancy. :roll:

Last edited:

jasonjc

How about the smell of napalm in the morning.

OR

CS
I had to spend 2 day in the "gas camber" , yes I was the one telling every one to break the seal and reseal there mask. I'd get done in there and got right into my car, it was funny that people that rode with me for days later would start to get watery burning eyes and runny noses.?.

Boy, I do miss those days!

Last edited:

King

smell of butt sweat and Amine from the CO2 scrubbers on a submarine.
Now that was a smell, like nothing else in this world!

The former wife would require me to strip in the garage, then proceed to the shower, then I could give the "hi honey, I am home kiss", to continue back to the garage and wash whatever clothes that I had brought from the boat!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks