• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

419 Hydraulic Oil question

adavis

My small hydraulic tank is low (yes, I have a few leaks I need to fix) and I need to get more oil. I've looked at the lubrication manual and it calls for OE/HDO-10. I've searched online and on this site and I believe it is SAE 10W hydraulic oil. I then searched and found what appears to be an amazing deal on a 55 gallon drum of it, but before I order it I just want to make SURE that it is the correct stuff for my 419 SEE hydraulics. Here is the link to the oil I'm looking at.......

http://buysinopec.com/products/aw-1...g0DFk6NMTZuNlc8q13Gx63xE4kUYlIj7dAaAqre8P8HAQ

It sure appears to be a good deal compared to all the other SAE 10W oils I'm finding. Any reason why this would not work for my hydraulics?
Thanks.

dmetalmiki

oe - hdo 10 is the same viscosity as iso 32 which is a parafin based oil. I would use it in my forktruck, not sure about your vehicle. Post back What the hydraulics actually "do" on your truck and i will dig deeper. Some hydraulic equipment manufacturers and plant users substitute iso32 with hdo10 multigrade oils. Which have good dispersant properties and additives which inhibit corrosion.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As long as it HAS anti corrosion, and anti-foaming additives you should be good to go.

dmetalmiki

Mineral based oils are the most common and low cost hydraulic fluids. They possess most of the characteristics important for hydraulic oils. The disadvantages of mineral (petroleum) based oils are their low fire resistance (low flash point), toxicity and very low biodegradability.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've replaced the fluids in both the front and rear systems with AW 32, from NAPA.
Especially the backhoe seems to be happier with actual hydraulic fluid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks