• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up another S250/G shelte

machinist75

Ever since I sold my last S250 I wanted another one. Picked up this one near Ft. Hood for what I thought was a good price. Thanks to Mark Cohen for the lead on this one. Pretty good shape. Has a couple holes in the roof and a small one on the side that need to be patched up. After I patch the holes I will roll on some elastomeric coating on the roof then paint the outside green. On the inside I need to remove a few racks then repaint, probably the sea foam green. I have a window unit a/c laying around not in use, I'll either use that or find a portable unit on Craigslist. I plan on putting this in the bed of my m923 as a quasi camper.

Attachments

machinist75

My buddy Jeff and Ray came over with his hemmt to help me get it off the trailer and onto a couple furniture dollies so I can roll it in and out of the garage to work on it and paint. Hopefully he will come back over when I'm done to put in the back of my 5 ton.

Attachments

Last edited:

86m1028

Wow, I thought I was hiding pretty good in the first 2 pics, didn't even know you were behind me in the 3rd one.
Real clean box you found there. I sure hope you can talk Jeff into coming back over to set it in the bed when your ready.
Now get to work on that thing.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice to have friends with big trucks. I was lucky Tornadogt had his M936 when I needed to pull the metal top off the Goat.

Glad you found a usable unit for a decent price.

machinist75

Thanks again Mark for the tip. I also picked up a set of pioneer tools for my hmmwv rack, and some very large NOS shackles with 1 3/8 pins for $10 a piece.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks again Mark for the tip. I also picked up a set of pioneer tools for my hmmwv rack, and some very large NOS shackles with 1 3/8 pins for $10 a piece.
I was going to ask if you'd found anything else. I know not to take a lot of money with me when I go there or I'll wind up spending all of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks