• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m870a1 kingpin

powersmoke18

looking for the 2" king pin that fits an M870a1. any one know where i could get one or have a part number? thanks guys! Bart G.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
looking for the 2" king pin that fits an M870a1. any one know where i could get one or have a part number? thanks guys! Bart G.
There is no part number, because there is no 2" M870A1 kingpin. That is, to say, there is no stock/OEM 2" kingpin. The trailer was designed for the 3-1/2" fifth wheel tractors. To my knowledge, all of the A1s were manufactured by Shoals American Industries, which no longer exists, so you can't go to them for parts.. I think armed with the correct dimensions and starting with an existing 2" kingpin, you could make (or have made) a working 2" kingpin assembly for the M870A1.

I have a 2" kingpin for my 870A1, but it was manufactured by someone. I could probably get you some dimensions of the kingpin that I have.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Will bump this with some information.

Replacement kingpins for the 870a1 are as follows

For 3.5in and 2in
Overall length : 8.5"
Barrel thickness 4.5

For the Load King 870
3.5in kingpin Load king part# MP5-1639-1.
2.5in kingpin Load King part # MP5-1638

Spec diagram attached of both

Attachments

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw there were 5 that came through Wed at the
Albany GA auction
and 4 of them had no king pin. I would have jumped in if they were a lot closer to me and could have gotten dims to make one. Perhaps this is a sign of something to come - we can hope. Pre production of these may be prudent - anyone know if they are a higher grade steel?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Kingpins are made of either 4320 or 8620 so hard enough

I am having a flip pin made. 4.5in diameter 8620 came in 2ft stock lengths. Going to have it as a 3.5in pin on one side and a 2in on the other with a raised weld in the middle as the hole catch for the pin. So you can simply use 1 pin for everything

3.5in pin is available from loadking for $460
2in pin is $650

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Total length of the pin needs to be 9-9/16" longer than the spec sheets provided. Attached are specs for the 3.5in pin from Castle Bravo.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks