• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making a 4x4 from a 6x6 ?

1951M1078

Here is my thinking after looking a the 6x6. It will need a box ( living space ) and that floor could be built to be stiff for its own load. The extra axle will give 33%+- more traction than the 4x4 (M1078). It would have more flotation +- ?(think sand ,mud). Would be heavier than the M1078 but if the price is being bid up ? Why not go with the 6x6 ? That's saying the 6x6 will stay lower. And that I will not know until Wednesday.

And here is another question. What is the mpg of the M1078 and the M1088 unloaded ? Still in the 5mpg +- range ?

And thanks for the input. Randy

1951M1078

Thanks Suprman. I have been watching for about a year now. And their just going up,up,up. Was hopping that the trend would slow but ? No luck.

The 700 lbs would be good. When I pulled my 5th wheel stuff I needed the forklift to move things around. She even groaned a little
when I pulled the plate.

99nouns

I started a M927 A2 Camper build and it is no where "just bolt a frame top of other frame" deal, I have been engineering almost 2 years now and BMY might hire me after I am done with this...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks