• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

All the lights are out (1985 m1008) FIXED sorta...

tsmall07

I just got my truck and none of the service lights work. The service light switch is in the correct position and it appears to be connected correctly. Where should I start looking for the problem?

I've also got a battery drain issue and I don't know where to start with that either...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

tsmall07

Its all the way up. I heard someone else had the same problem and he said something about a main power wire for the lights going to the fuse box. Ring any bells?

mangus580

When putting in top most position.... Make sure you PULL OUT on the switch before moving up. It has a lock on it, and I have spent hours doing trouble shooting over the phone for a friend (who shall remain nameless) that didnt realize the lock was there ;-)

tsmall07

mangus580 said:
When putting in top most position.... Make sure you PULL OUT on the switch before moving up. It has a lock on it, and I have spent hours doing trouble shooting over the phone for a friend (who shall remain nameless) that didnt realize the lock was there ;-)
I've figured that out. The switch isn't the problem...I bet that happens a lot, though. :wink:

mangus580

Next step is the fuse. All the lights go through the same fuse in the end. That fuse socket is known for being troublesome due to the amperage passing through. I know of at least one that had to be hot-glued in, just to make it work. I seem to remember fixing it in the rain at aberdeen 2 years ago....

tsmall07

This fuse is in the fuse block under the dash right? How many amps is it? Sounds like the problem is the fuse falling out and not burning. Am I getting this right?

Can someone post up a picture of a fuse block with all of the correct fuses in place?

Bobert

That 10amp 28v fuse was out on my blazer and my lights still worked. However, since I replaced it, My voltmeter now works.

Did you check that main light 30amp fuse?

ONTOS66

1. Go to the Technical Manual Section and download the following:

TM 9-2320-289-10
TM 9-2320-289-20
TM 9-2320-289-20P
TM 9-2320-289-34
TM 9-2320-289-34P

You now have most of the manuals for the CUCVs.

Turn to page 4-31 in TM 9-2320-289-20. There is the fuse box and a list of the size, location and purpose of each fuse.

CCATLETT1984

ONTOS66 said:
1. Go to the Technical Manual Section and download the following:

TM 9-2320-289-10
TM 9-2320-289-20
TM 9-2320-289-20P
TM 9-2320-289-34
TM 9-2320-289-34P

You now have most of the manuals for the CUCVs.

Turn to page 4-31 in TM 9-2320-289-20. There is the fuse box and a list of the size, location and purpose of each fuse.
IF you go to the cucv forum, at the top of the page is a post with all of the TM's in it. i made the links clickable, so just go there to get them. [thumbzup]

tsmall07

CCATLETT1984 said:
IF you go to the cucv forum, at the top of the page is a post with all of the TM's in it. i made the links clickable, so just go there to get them. [thumbzup]
Thanks, I didn't know what TMs and LOs were, so I had no reason to click them. :lol:

So what do the letters stand for? I've already found that there are thousands of abbreviations that are pertinent to these trucks that I have no idea about. :oops:

Edit: alright. I figured out TM=technical manual.....

tsmall07

The TMs have proved themselves to me. I found a fuse diagram in one and fixed my lights. 2 of the fuses had been switched and there was a 20 amp fuse where a 30 amp should have been. Needless to say, the 20 amp was blown. Thanks for helping me help myself! :D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Problem solved using the TM... Ace will be happy!!!

acetomatoco

Yea for you... I just read this whole thread and was chomping at the bit to say RYFM....but ya know maybe the message is getting thru by osmosis...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks