• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-220 almost ready!

badgmc56

m-220

What I have left to do may seem like a lot to some people but compared to what I have done,the rest is easy.I have a rebuilt trans with REB shift kit to install,some wiring and a new cab top and back.All wheel cylinders have been rebuilt.All steel and rubber brake lines have been replaced.The frame has been painted inside and out from the front of the cab back.I want to paint the rest of the truck 24087 OD next spring.Very soild truck with 23000 miles.I will post more pics as soon as I get a chance. HAPPY MOTORING!

emr

RE: m-220

Whats that top from, it looks like a brandy new type that half the side lifts up so loading can be done at just half the side at a time, in the FMTV's half the drop side like the Marine iso ones can be lowered, BUT one does NOT have to move the trrop seat to do this it stays right up out of the way, SO is this a top from a FMTV? It sure seams to fit just long on the sides, but i like it, Randy

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: m-220

I'll bet dollars to donuts that's an M35A3 bed.

badgmc56

It's nice to have other people appreciate your hard work.Thanks guys!I did not know what truck the bed came from cause it was just set on the frame when I bought it.Thank you for identifying it for me.I love this site.As I said before, the data plate on the dash and the frame number prove it started out it's life as an M-220.I guess it's an M-211 now.The very nice guy I bought it from tryed to fix it up but he just did not have the resources to do it.The mud flaps I got from DEUCEMAN along with some other stuff.Anyone know what the rear cover is? It splits in half for rear loading I guess.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks