• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear End Vibration

I was cresting a hill and got off the gas on the backside. I heard two loud bangs come through the sheet metal what sounded like near the rear seat. There was no physical change to my Mutt when the bangs happened. With in a second or two the Mutt developed a rear end vibration that decreases and increases with speed. My Mutt appears to be working fine, except for the rear end vibration. The vibration appears to be center line, and in the back...

Am I correct in thinking I've lost a U joint??? I've checked the drive shaft and the half shafts and found them to be tight, no loose play... If I've lost a U joint, how do I figure out which one is gone if there's no loose play in the shaft???

Is it another problem like a throw out bearing???

Thanks everyone, you all have been a big help on my other minor issues!!!

Chris...

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't have any play in the U joints, check the bushings in the rear axle A frame that attach to the bottom of the floor plan. I drive mine on rough roads and they don't seem to last very long. PN 10885166 figure 87 or 88 in the -35 manual.

SturmTyger380

You might look to see if one of the U joints are frozen. They don't need to have play but do need to flex. I had a rear wheel drive car one time that would vibrate only at certain speeds. It had a frozen one. Those U joints you could not grease. Alan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks