• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did the military use any detachable gooseneck trailer ?

acesneights1

Title say it. Was wondering if they used any detachable gooseneck lowboys like a Rogers 35 ton and if so what would be the M classification?

fasttruck

I believe the trailer illustrated has a 12/24v lighting system. The brake connections are the same as commercial. The difference is the 3" king pin.

MCS Dave

I believe the trailer illustrated has a 12/24v lighting system. The brake connections are the same as commercial. The difference is the 3" king pin.

Thank you for the info. I'm not a truck driver but am trying to move some cargo for the Army. So would the 3' king pin be a show stopper for the commercial driver?

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also - M870's (A0, A1, A2, A3...) were matched to a 6x6 (or 8x8) tractor which has a fifth wheel height approaching or above 60". They do adjust to a "civi" height fifth wheel (that's why they have interchangeable 2~3.5" king pins), so you will have to reset the locks to set the g-n to your truck height.

We will need pics!!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks