• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drive shaft U Joint

This is a continuation question from my previous thread Rear End Vibration. First I want to thank everyone who contributed by offering solutions. I'm not the most mechanically inclined individual there is, pretty much self taught through asking questions, listening and doing. Again, thanks everyone!!!

I got back up under my Mutt today and looked at all the areas that were recommended to look. To make a long story short, the U joint at the rear of the drive shaft, just forward of the rear differential is shot. I'd say I'm actually pretty lucky it didn't completely come apart on me while limping it home.

My question is... Is that U joint rebuildable or do I need to replace the entire slip joint? Having only replaced one U joint in my life, like 40+ years ago, is this a difficult job and is there any tips anyone can suggest to make it easier???

Thanks again everyone!!!!

Chris....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks