• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--FMJ--Ed Davis

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Got this email:

The following message was sent to you via the Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite Contact Us form by DAVISCURLEW.

------------------------------<wbr>--

BE ADVISED FMJ HAS PASSED AWAY

Edit from Recovry4x4; This was originally posted in a mod forum until we could confirm. I just did some editing and moved it to the Chaplains Corner. Please keep Ed and more so, his family in your prayers and thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, this sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you all for networking this information.

It's 2330hrs here in Texas now - 2230 at Las Cruces NM - I will be making phone calls in the morning.

I am in shock.
FMJ's LZ is quite near my mother-in-law's current location and, although she is soon to move to be near us, he and i were going to meet up next time I was near enough for that to happen. i suppose that meeting will have to wait until I join in in that great cloud of witnesses.

According to the obituary, service plans are as follows:

A viewing and a rosary will be held on Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 5pm at the Getz Funeral Home. A funeral mass will be held at the White Sands Post Chapel Wednesday April 6, 2016 at 10 am, with a reception to follow. Full military honors and burial will be held at the Ft. Bliss National Cemetery in El Paso, Texas at 2:30 pm.

Indeed, flowers or whatever Cathy would prefer will be sent.
Donations to the SS Benevolence Fund designated for FMJ will also be passed along.

***** I would recommend that this threat be moved to the Chaplain's Corner for open broadcast. Will another Mod please tackle that while I address comms with the family and Funeral Home. THANKS.

Heavenly Father,
We are again at a loss for words over the shocking news that a young man of our membership has suddenly passed from this life into his eternal reward with You. While we rejoice in his elevation to that high and perfect transition, we also feel the void that his departure has left in the lives and hearts he has left behind. Thank you for allowing Ed to have been a part of this internet family, for his contributions here and for the way he always conducted himself for his fellow man. Lord, You know how I personally counted him as a brother, as well a brother in Christ.
Send upon his family Your Holy Spirit. Bring to all who knew and loved him as he walked this earth a peace that surpasses understanding. Though we here do not know the cause of his physical death, let us all be reminded that our presence in this life is but a moment in time and that we must, in the long run, be more prepared for our eternal destinations than we are anchored to anything of this earth.
Thank You for leading Ed to serve his country, for teaching him to lead his family in faith, and for his having given so much all through life - leaving his mark upon many he trained to follow in his footprints.
May Your influence and presence in Ed's life be always his legacy.
In Jesus' name we pray.
AMEN.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very sad! Way too soon!

We will certainly miss him, he was one of our long-time members and frequent posters (4220 posts, since 2007).

FirstNavyJack.JPG RIP, FirstNavyJack

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You young pups, I turn 64 at midnight! One good thing to come out of this is it has made me realize how much my affairs are out of order. If I passed tomorrow my wife would not have a clue on what is worth something or what is junk. My projects that I had been putting off till I retire have turned into hoarding as I have been retired and still haven't even started on anything but the M275 redo.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Condolences and thoughts out to the family.

He is now sailing on the big ship.

RIP Sailor.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You young pups, I turn 64 at midnight! One good thing to come out of this is it has made me realize how much my affairs are out of order. If I passed tomorrow my wife would not have a clue on what is worth something or what is junk. My projects that I had been putting off till I retire have turned into hoarding as I have been retired and still haven't even started on anything but the M275 redo.
in this otherwise glum thread, I wish you a happy birthday, Sir!

You raise an important point. Some of you know that while i serve as Chaplain here, my "paying job" is as a Funeral Prearranger working for/with a small cluster of 4 funeral homes. I see the lack of planning and preparation more often than I care to recount. Hence, I fully endorse at least documenting if not fully funding your (and your spouse's) death care needs BEFORE a medical professional ever has to tell you to. Be it burial or cremation, your family will appreciate knowing your wishes AND, if you choose to, that fact that you cared for them so much that you pre-paid the unavoidable expenses.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update....

I have spoken to the funeral home (who cannot give out phone numbers etc) and they will be asking the family to call me regarding Chaplain and/or other assistance.

More will be relayed as it becomes available.

I also PM'd CARNAC and asked if any other members near El Paso or Las Cruces might be able to attend the funeral.
ANYONE listening nearby???

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happy Birthday Dave,
The Chaplain raise a very good point; a little preplanning goes a long way. Especially for guys like us that have "stuff" collected/stored. My wife would consider it all junk.

I'm very sorry to hear this news. My condolences to his family. He left this world much too young. I will be 65 in October if God grants, but at least I have my wishes written down. No one is guaranteed another sunrise so do it now if you know what's good for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks