Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: FLU419 transmission question

Private
    Thanks

Welcome to the group, I'm in Dallas GA and use my 419 weekly. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks

Good Evening,

I recently purchased a 1987 419 SEE, however when trying to drive it in hi range the transmission or ? locks the wheels up like a mild skid I guess you can say. You can drive it in low range all day long. Do you think this bushing could be my issue? I have no abnormal noises. Thank you all in advance.

Private
    Thanks

My 1989 FLU-419 lost all odd numbered gears after being difficult to shift for some time. I assume it's the shifter bushing everyone speaks of.

A couple things I need from my fellow Unimog brothers.

1) I found the part for 13 bucks - But they want like 14 to ship it. It's a matter of principle that it doesn't cost that much to ship. Anyone have a Promo code for free shipping for this supplier?
    https://expedition-imports.com/3102680035

2) For those of you who have suffered the pain of changing out this bushing... Could you please make a youtube video describing the process? I am sure you don't want to go out and re-monkey around with the cab area... But even a white board drawing would help our us newbies.

In exchange for one of you guys making this video... you can checkout the video I made on how to clean/rebuild the air brake regulator for the FLU-419 here:

Thanks

If you are looking for cheaper shipping.......make sure to select SHOW USPS RATES and select that option. In cases like this if we can fit in a flat rate priority we will and usually will drop the shipping as low as possible prior to capturing the funds. Or you could just put a couple things together all at once and save on the shipping.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4