• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual CTIS Conversion for M-1078

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Still waiting for the Arduino version - programmable road and off-road pressures, all stuffed into the existing box, using the original button spot with a little digital readout...

CRayGill

Hey,TJ, I’m in the process of getting the parts together for the manual conversion on my Sloth.
I’ve tried blowing up the pics to see what the air lines are down at the floor, but they just get blurry.
Could you let me know what they are?
The second picture in post #18 is what I’m talking about: the left line on top of the tee and the middle line to the right of the side tap off the tee with the white tape around it. Both lines have labels on them, but I cannot read the labels. 🥴 OME Old Man Eyes 😢

MUCH thanks for the original posting, and thanks in advance for the response!
👍

Never mind, I JUST found the last three pages of this thread. 😖
You answered my question in post #38.
Sorry for the bother, it’s just that m tablet wasn’t showing past the first page for some reason. 🥺

Last edited:

CRayGill

Still waiting for the Arduino version - programmable road and off-road pressures, all stuffed into the existing box, using the original button spot with a little digital readout...
OhioBenz, not to be a defeatist here, but doesn’t that kinda defeat the purpose of the manual system and open the door for those electrical gremlins to come right back in again?!? 🧐
I’m just sayin’ 😏

tjhuffy

Hey,TJ, I’m in the process of getting the parts together for the manual conversion on my Sloth.
I’ve tried blowing up the pics to see what the air lines are down at the floor, but they just get blurry.
Could you let me know what they are?
The second picture in post #18 is what I’m talking about: the left line on top of the tee and the middle line to the right of the side tap off the tee with the white tape around it. Both lines have labels on them, but I cannot read the labels. 🥴 OME Old Man Eyes 😢

MUCH thanks for the original posting, and thanks in advance for the response!
👍

tjhuffy

Hi CRay, my truck is out at the farm, but I think the tubing is 1/2". If it is, it will have a 13/16" compression nut. If memory serves me correctly, the line coming out of the tee is the air line coming from the tank, the other is the line going to the CTIS. Next time I am at the farm I can check, hope this helps.

Happy wrenching, TJHUFFY

Ronmar

It depends on what you expect it to do when you switch the valve to "vent"? If you expect it to deflate the tires, then no. You need at least 5-6 psi on the system to hold the wheel valves open. If you expect it to vent and close wheel valves, then yes providing it can flow enough air fast enough to close the wheel valves...

hs10

It depends on what you expect it to do when you switch the valve to "vent"? If you expect it to deflate the tires, then no. You need at least 5-6 psi on the system to hold the wheel valves open. If you expect it to vent and close wheel valves, then yes providing it can flow enough air fast enough to close the wheel valves...
The vent function is just to close the wheel valves.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks