• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV- Colorado to Alaska

1euro2c

Picking up an LMTV in Colorado Springs Colorado. Then driving to Spokane Washington, where I will relax a day or 2 before I head home to Alaska.

tommys2patrick

???? Perhaps it was my use of the word recovery? Generally, "recovery" means someone is going to pick up a new to them MV somewhere and take it home. Did not mean to suggest you might be going to have an issue enroute. A long drive to Alaska, for me anyways, has always been exciting and eventful. I suppose if you live there it could be more of a chore. Anyway, still hope you have a safe trip.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When are you driving? If I would be state-side, I would jump for the possibility, or only for the change to drive the Alaska Highway again. Make sure to stop at Mile 422 Toad River and say hi from me (I was there for six months in 1981, twenty five years ago). Or at least make a picture when passing.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh sh**, I am really getting demented here, glad somebody out there can still do the math in his head.

Time flies when you have fun or getting old or whatever.

old-men-smiley.gif

1euro2c

Sorry. Been meaning to update everyone.

With side trips I did 4,358 miles from Colorado Springs to Wasilla with only minor fixes. I can't believe to explain how amazing the trip was. It was easier than I thought going into Canada.

Juskatla

What route did you take? Last year the Alaska Hwy south of Ft Nelson was a mess with construction, but the Stewart- Cassiar Hwy 37? was a breeze. We did the whole round trip and then some but not in my M37...

TB58

Did Canada give you any trouble at the boarder? Just wondering since it is a newer MV and probably still camo. That is a beautiful drive, did you go Hwy 37 or 97 through Canada? I came down 37 and man that is a beautiful drive, will definitely go that way again if I get the chance

wilkusmcrecon

Sorry. Been meaning to update everyone.

With side trips I did 4,358 miles from Colorado Springs to Wasilla with only minor fixes. I can't believe to explain how amazing the trip was. It was easier than I thought going into Canada.
Glad you had a great trip and your back safe. I would like to chat I purchased a m923A2 and plan on bring her home to Wasilla in May....

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
what about the great tagline of the forum

nopicsnopicsnopics

bump

I really want to see some pics. Have been working around Mile 422 Toad River Lodge for 6 months in 1981 and dreaming to go back to drive the Alaska Highway again. Until then, pics from others have to do, so please humor me and others waiting for the pics.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks