• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G749 Trucks hard to come by

Section8

Looks like a 5 ton international. I am just basing my guess of of a chart I looked up of military vehicles used in Korean war. The bumper and grill look close to a 5 ton international dump.

1944mb

I was thinking that or a studebaker? The last army motors I got this winter had a restored studebaker in Idaho and it look similar, but I'm probably wrong.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't get any water on the G749. They tend to shrink!

We can't exactly blame the bobber gurus for the difficult to find G749. Not many of these around. Is it because they just don't look right?

bobbed G749.jpg

1944mb

Don't get any water on the G749. They tend to shrink!

We can't exactly blame the bobber gurus for the difficult to find G749. Not many of these around. Is it because they just don't look right?

View attachment 632078
Defintiely-I think a 'standard' G749 looks awesome without the bobbing. I picked up a m35 about 3 weeks ago, but its tough to beat the looks of a g749. Is that a Canadian truck?

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M35 find

Facebook Schpeculation says it could possibly be, without any definitive proof, an Eastern Canadian truck. I've had mine in the trails a wee bit and it was more like two hours at the Gym. I could see how a shorter truck would be fun so I'm glad there are guys with mad skills doing it. I'm just skilless enough not to do it.

Did you start a thread for the M35? Love to see it. Link?

I'm glad I modified the M135, so I can keep up with you.

P7050212.jpg

1944mb

Facebook Schpeculation says it could possibly be, without any definitive proof, an Eastern Canadian truck. I've had mine in the trails a wee bit and it was more like two hours at the Gym. I could see how a shorter truck would be fun so I'm glad there are guys with mad skills doing it. I'm just skilless enough not to do it.

Did you start a thread for the M35? Love to see it. Link?

I'm glad I modified the M135, so I can keep up with you.

View attachment 632079
somehow I don't believe you are skill-less you've got some pretty nice trucks! Besides you can't let the goat team believe they can out do you! Its gonna be pretty tough for me to overcome your turbine power!

I did well on this m35, bought it really right. Came with 2 cargo canvases, two sets of bows, hardtop, soft top and bows, and it's a winch truck. Just had to fix a kinked fuel line. I am still gonna work on the civil defense truck that is located right close to where I bought this one. He said it ran absolutely terrible. But I am guessing it has had some deferred maintenance. The guys father passed and he is still using it to water his cows. He told me he wanted to sell it some day-I am thinking there is no better day than today! Just don't want it to go to the scrapers.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?155325-Answer-to-the-age-old-question-m35a2

Plowboy if you end up in southern Canada, and we could link up, I would still like to buy a Tranny from you. I would love to tear one down and see if we can't get some more parts availability on these trannys. The slope nose jimmy is still the best looking deuce in my opinion.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M211 pics

Here's some pics of the M211 I got yesterday. The cab is in very rough shape as is the hood. The rest of the truck is in better condition than my original 211. My initial thought is to use the '54 as the donor truck by swapping out the cab and hood on the new truck. The place I got the truck from was situated on soft ground, which caused the front end to sink down till the front pumpkin was in the dirt. With many thanks to jhenderson and Frank we got it out of its spot and off to my place. After 5 or so years, I can finally get this project closer to finished. More pics soon.

Attachments

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure. I'll be putting it side by side with my other truck and use the TM to figure everything out. I'll have to make a hard decision. Do I make the '54 complete or the '58. The '54 has an unknown leak in the engine cooling system but appears to have a good tranny. The '58 has a seized tranny and an unknown engine. The underside of the '58 appears complete and it has a straight bed. The '54 has a good cab... I could go on for a while. It'll be a tough call tho. I'm either going to swap a tranny/engine or a bed. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If Jeff does not, I know of some. He gets first chance.

As far as what to do, I have the same problem. The only solution was to get a third truck for parts.

1944mb

Well it is done-Just picked up a M211 about 40 miles from me. I haven't exchanged money or title, but the owner said he would hold it for me, so I still could be jumping the gun. I am planning on retrieving it Tuesday, so pictures to follow! I owe USMC 00-08 the thanks for watching craigslist and letting me about it! Now just gotta get it home. I was actually thinking of using my m35 to tow it. I ordered a med tow bar for it. Any advice for me?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks