• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRE Heater

123mack

I have one of the 24V MRE heaters, which plugs into a vehicle. The socket which it plugs into is not the same as the aux socket on older m-series vehicles. Anyone know where I can find a socket to wire into my M35 and what they are called?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought my sockets from saturn surplus. I got the heater from desert duece. It works great!

Red_506

I bought my sockets from saturn surplus. I got the heater from desert duece. It works great!
I've been looking on Saturn Surplus and am unable to find the socket. I hope I'm just inept and they still have them; do you remember what it was listed under?

Thanks.

ETA: I found it but they are out of stock. Any helpful hints to find one would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

popz76

I have both bag and adapter and it heats up good , I was just wonderin' about what yr they started using 'em .

deuceaid

Banned
couldnt you find the plug as a replacment part for a cucv like a m1008-m1009....they all have that on the front dont they?,,,, ( why not have both plugs is my logic)

Red_506

When I was in (mid to late 90's) we had them issued with our M270 Launchers as part of our BII. Other than that I've never seen them used. I'm still looking for the outlet to put in my M1009, any help would be much appreciated.

papakb

MRE heater

I've had one of these MRE heaters in the back of the HMMWV for at least 5 years now and absolutely love them. The one I got didn't come with that bulky NATO coax plug but a simple 2 pin Hubbell twist-lok connector that matched the outlets in the body of the HMMWV. It's a real case of overkill to use a NATO plug for something as simple as these heaters. I have a couple of both the plugs and recepticles if I can help someone out let me know. Please PM instead of posting.

Thanks,

Kurt Lesser

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the newer style aux plug ( pic shows my mre heater plugged into it ) that mounts in the dash, got it from Saturn Surplus ( 7976648 ) but last I heard they are out of them.
I have been on the lookout for one of these since Bill posted this info. Dead ends everywhere I turned until yesterday. While going through the classifieds (they work) I found an ad by hdexpert parting out a dash. It had one and I bought it!

Woohoo.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gave your brother money twice in one day. I needed the spin on filters like I need another hole in the head but I bought 2 anyways. Shoulda bought 3.

Bill W

I have been on the lookout for one of these since Bill posted this info. Dead ends everywhere I turned until yesterday. While going through the classifieds (they work) I found an ad by hdexpert parting out a dash. It had one and I bought it!

Woohoo.
[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks